2005 Explorer Cigar Lighter not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer Cigar Lighter not working

welchstang

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Ok guys, this appears to be very redundant, but my cigarette lighter does not work. My plug works, it works on other cars but not mine, so I know that works.
I purchased a new outlet for the explorer from Ford, and still does not work. I have checked fuse number 24 and it is not blown. Please guys, any help at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes the outlet in the center console,, I would consider it behind the cup holders. I noticed when I took the console apart I looked under it, it's plugged into the outlet, the wires go into a harness, the same colored wires lead to a plug that is not plugged in and I see nothing else that should plug into it.

Did you check fuse #9 under the hood? See fuse diagram linked above. (Page 235)

It's fuse #7 in the above linked manual on page 235, not #9 .

I'm assuming power point #1 is in the front of the center console which is fuse #9 . (Pages 68-69)

You'd think that and that would make sense. But the one on the front of the console is #2 . The power port at the back of the console is #1 . At least on my 02.

^ I bet the owners manual is bass ackwards and wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I'm losing sleep over this, where's the OP? ;)

Back