• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer subwoofer question

fmares

Reaction score
City, State
Kyle, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
Hey guys: I installed a CLARION VRX755VD 7" IN-DASH DVD/CD/MP3 PLAYER in my 2005 XLT. I bought the wiring harness and got my 4 speakers going. But the OEM stereo came with an additional plug for the sub, I'm guessing... Any ideas on how to get it up and going? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sub would have been run off of a pre-amp output. It would be an RCA type plug. If the new head unit doesn't have one, then you're gonna have to do some splicing. You'd have to splice the RCA cord for the sub into the rear speaker channel, and put a low pass filter in to only send the bass to the sub. That would go in right before the RCA cord to the sub if possible.

It might be easier to just see if you can switch to a different LCD unit with a preamp output.

Fmares, I looking at buying a VRX755VD and was wondering if you could post some pictures of the deck and brain?

How do you like it so far?

Thanks

Bigtig, give a couple of days and I'll post some pics.... I'm VERY happy with the product! I just received my Clairion Sirius satelite box and I'll be adding it to the system soon. As far as the brain, it is built into the unit.

Thanks, I was looking online and found this shot of the back.
The back is what I really wanted to see.

Attachments

• 1116710787431_VRX755VDBAC.jpg
    1116710787431_VRX755VDBAC.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 216

Back