2005 mountaineer binding when turning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 mountaineer binding when turning

buck0123

Reaction score
City, State
ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 mountaineer
2005 mountaineer 93,477 miles, binding when turning then message center tells me all wheel drive is disabled. advanced trac light and abs light are on. I did replace one wheel bearing about 4 months ago. Anyone else had this problem or any ideas what it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my best guess is you need abs sensor, most likely the pumpkin or the new hub has a bad / faulty sensor.

shouldnt affect steering tho the 3.

front or rear pumpkin sensor? Any way to test them? It will bind up when you make a sharp turn then the front end will jump and make a bang nosie then the awd will go into auto lock then it will go into disabled mode.

Is there anyway to tell what abs sensor is bad. I think I figured out my problem, abs pump is applying brake pressure to one of the front wheels and that is where the binding and banging noise is comming from. So i pulled the fuse for the abs pump and now there is no binding and the awd goes right to disabled mode. Now I just have to figure out what sensor it is. How can I tell what sensor is bad?
Thanks,
Bill

you need a scanner capable of doing chasis codes.

Back