2005 Trac Rear Sliding Window Missing Mechanism and Motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Trac Rear Sliding Window Missing Mechanism and Motor

winjama

Reaction score
City, State
Corozal Town
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac XLT
My 2005 Trac has the rear sliding window and that's it. the window regulator, rails, motor, and any other associated pulleys, fasteners, etc., are all missing.

I don't even know what to properly call all the parts. Is there a term that implies all as a group? Is there a site where I can purchase a 'kit' and instructions?

I'm currently holding the window up in its closed position with two pieces of heavy duty cardboard tube wedged in place.

I already have found instructions for initialization, but till I get all the above, those instructions are a moot point. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great Info

Thanks guys. Great stuff. Now I can go shopping. Hopefully I have good luck finding the regulator and motor.
Cheers

The rear sliding window is about the only one that worked when I got my '01 ST a couple of months ago. I was missing most of the guts of my driver's side rear door window and all the hardware. What was there was broken. So I know how you feel. I suggest you try to find as ST on CL that someone is parting out and go and remove the parts you're missing from another vehicle.

Tasca Ford Parts online catalog may show a schematic of the rear sliding window parts. That might help you determine what's missing. There's got to be a motor and regulator. I replaced my missing rivets with small bolts and Nyloc nuts. I was lucky that another member here had a 4 door Explorer parts truck and that all the rear door parts were the same.

Thanks again, looking for screws and clips and code

The task of getting the rear sliding window working seems almost manageable now.

I do have two more questions - Is there somewhere to get the hex-head screws and the screw clips? I'm missing a ton of each throughout the vehicle; and finally, anyone know where the keyless entry code is located?

I've looked with high-powered flashlight in the tool panel where the slide window is located, and I've pulled the defrost cover. All I've found so far is two pens, one pencil, and a leaf.

Any help with these would be appreciated.
Cheers,

Don't know if '05 would be in the same place, but on the '01 the RAP module with the sticker with the keyless entry code is behind the passenger side airbag. Drop the glove box and there are 2 bolts that hold the air bag in. Then you should see a cream colored box that is bolted into a slot. Remove the small bolts holding the box in an pull it out to see the 5 digit code on the sticker. I never touched the defroster vent panel.

Another Regulator Question

I think I may have a line on a used regulator - just not sure what year Sport Trac it's from. Still not sure either about a motor, but one issue at a time, more or less.

I appreciate all the help... really.
Cheers,
Winjama

Back