2006 Explorer A/C, air conditioning not cold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer A/C, air conditioning not cold

V8SHO

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
Hello,

I am seeking a little help regarding an hvac problem on my 06 Explorer 4.0 Eddie Bauer with manual temperature controls. The A/C does not cool very well even on coldest setting with A/C button set on, but fan works fine.

I checked the A/C clutch does come on when the A/C button is turned on, so I do not think it has a leak. Another related issue, just after starting the vehicle, I turn on the A/C setting and there is a very loud boom noise from behind the dash. What might cause this?

Edit: Forgot to add, the vehicle also has a vacuum leak for quite a while and haven't been able to find. It is not a very large vacuum leak because engine does not stall and do not have check engine light so I left it alone. I know that vacuum leaks cause hvac problems, do you think that might be the cause in my case?

Thank you for your time and I appreciate all responses!

Hello,

I am seeking a little help regarding an hvac problem on my 06 Explorer 4.0 Eddie Bauer with manual temperature controls. The A/C does not cool very well even on coldest setting with A/C button set on, but fan works fine.

I checked the A/C clutch does come on when the A/C button is turned on, so I do not think it has a leak. Another related issue, just after starting the vehicle, I turn on the A/C setting and there is a very loud boom noise from behind the dash. What might cause this?

Edit: Forgot to add, the vehicle also has a vacuum leak for quite a while and haven't been able to find. It is not a very large vacuum leak because engine does not stall and do not have check engine light so I left it alone. I know that vacuum leaks cause hvac problems, do you think that might be the cause in my case?

Thank you for your time and I appreciate all responses!

Just add a quick shot of Freon will most likely take care of it, quick and easy to do now days. The noise you hear is just the blend door moving. Vacuum leak will not really effect AC coolness, it may cause it to just come out the defrost vents instead of normal dash vents. - Ron

Back