2006 Ford Explorer Black Grille Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer Black Grille Question

NavinR

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get an all BLACK front assembly for my 2006 ford explorer Limited.

I have looked around, and have only found a "black billet grille".

I would like to make the entire front grill "black" with no chrome. (I dont want to take it apart and paint it either)

thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

go to am-autoparts.com and do a search under 07 ford explorer then go on the left under the grill button and this is an all black grill for a explorer xls thats the key while searching. its under $100.

you can get one from an 09 xlt sport that is like the eddie bauer but in all black not chrome.

you can get one from an 09 xlt sport that is like the eddie bauer but in all black not chrome.

Would you be able to point me towards a link? Will this fit a 2006 explorer LIMITED?

thanks alot

i dont have a link. i work for a dealership and id tell you to get it there. then it is a ford oem grille. i believe that the grilles are the same size and just a different design. an xlt and limited are the same. an eddie bauer is chrome with the sides and the xlt sport is same as eddie bauer in black. an xls is grey plastic and ugly looking. prob about 300 or so at dealership. ask for a little discount.

You could also pay someone to sand and black powdercoat your grille, or, if you have the ability and means, you could do it yourself.

you'll still have to disassmble to whole front end to swap it out so you might as well just take it off, sand it down and take the time to paint it..someone on here has a step by step procedure on doing it and it looks good. I can be done in a day and that way you'll know everything lines up...just my opinion.

Back