2006 LTD fog lights? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 LTD fog lights?

Post number 2 has been selected as best answered.

What most people do is wire the halo to the corner lights and the fogs to the fogs... So when the running lights are on just the halo lights up and it gives a different look

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What most people do is wire the halo to the corner lights and the fogs to the fogs... So when the running lights are on just the halo lights up and it gives a different look

How is the light output with those? and are they plug and play?

Immediately after the purchase drew attention to the fact that the fog lamps are in a bad condition after the rain or car washing water inside the case was, from that three times had to change the light bulbs.
At the next maintenance service worker I called my attention to a crack in the fog lamp housing.

It turned out that the water came through the cracks, which is very difficult to be seen.
Cracks were above and below the lamp, the lamp visible from the heating body is cracked.

Order New fog lights, replaced - light has become much better year I go, glad differently.

Articles parts:
6L2Z15201AA (4689275) — left
6L2Z15200AA (4689274) — right

2q3dh7l.jpg

2s0eb6r.jpg

2j5kmx0.jpg

fog light removal tool

I just used a small hose clamp and had both of my foglights out in about 10 min.

That might be too big I would try 3/4 or possibly a 1/2 hose clamp.

Hi Guys, I was reading this thread/post and wanted to throw my 2 cents in, I used a small hose clamp to remove my fog lights and I had them both out in about 10 min. but when I tried to adjust them one of the adjusters broke and I am wary of trying to adjust the others because they are so fragile looking. if anyone has any ideas about adjusting them let me know...Thanks

Thanks to this thread, I was able to swap the fog lights on my 2010 Sport Trac to the amber Ironman style using a combination of 12 mm, 13 mm, and 1/2 inch box wrenches like Lukas2009 recommended. It was still a bit of trial and error, but I just wiggled them until I felt the clips release and I could push the shaft out. The first one took 15 or 20 minutes and the second one took about 2 minutes once I knew what I was doing.

Back