2006 with creaky passenger seat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 with creaky passenger seat

cdrew217

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer 4x4 V6
Hey everybody, I have an 06 EB 4x4 with creaking noise coming from what sounds like the passenger side seat when someone is sitting in it. Anyone ever experience this before?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everybody, I have an 06 EB 4x4 with creaking noise coming from what sounds like the passenger side seat when someone is sitting in it. Anyone ever experience this before?

Finally someone sharing the same problem. It makes a squeaking noise kind of when I have the seat all the way pushed back on the track or near it.

Yes, the springs, or mettle mesh netting in the back seat cushion in my drivers seat makes a creaking noise every time I move my back around, i.e. when making sharp turns.

Sort of annoying.

I've thought about doing some thing about it before. But once I took the seat out of the truck and tore it apart to the frame and springs, what would I do??? grease the frame everywhere with my grease gun? I sorta don't want grease like that in my back seat cushion.

I just live with it. :(

Yeah I've kinda been experimenting with it and found that if the seat is moved up it doesn't creak. Any idea on how someone would go about fixing this?

Yeah I've kinda been experimenting with it and found that if the seat is moved up it doesn't creak. Any idea on how someone would go about fixing this?

Thats what I have to do also.

Does it go away when you have smaller passengers?

Back