2007 Explorer: 9005 instead of 9145 Fog Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer: 9005 instead of 9145 Fog Lights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont have a 06-08 but i have had 100 watt 9005's in my 01 for 5 years without any problems wires still holding up too. you do know that the 9005's dont fit in there without modification right(you have to trim one of the 3 tabs on the side a little to got them in the housing but no big deal just score with a knife and brake off with some pliers)

i dont have a 06-08 but i have had 100 watt 9005's in my 01 for 5 years without any problems wires still holding up too. you do know that the 9005's dont fit in there without modification right(you have to trim one of the 3 tabs on the side a little to got them in the housing but no big deal just score with a knife and brake off with some pliers)

How close is the bulb to the reflector? Front panel? Is the front panel plastic or glass?

Yeha, i read they had ot be cut, not a big deal...

um the front of my fog light is plastic, there is a little metal thing that the bulb ends up inbetween of when its mounted in the housing it sets really close to the bulb im not sure if its a head sheild or something but never any problems

Well thanks for the info. I am hoping someone with an 06+ would be able to tell me their experience before i go and buy the bulbs and potentially ruin my reflector :) thanks!

Also people have said "9005 high beam bulbs" and "9005 low beam bulbs" whats the difference?

Thanks!

no real difference with the bulbs only difference is when you buy single or dual filement bulbs you want a single fiement for the fogs if you go that way

Well ipulled the trigger and picked up aset of 9005s. There is a big difference and im happy with the results! Thanks

I am piggyback this thread. For fog lights can i connect aftermarket 12v to the factory wires? Are they both 12 volts? i can not find the info i am looking for. Also where is the fog light fuse specifically?
Any help is appreciated.

Back