NBX decal instead of XLT?

uofmrapper

Reaction score
City, State
flint, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 NBX
Hello all - first time posting.

I got my 2003 Explorer NBX a few weeks ago and I love it so far. I can't remember if I was looking around online or if I saw one driving but I know that at some point I saw a decal on the back of an Explorer that said "NBX" instead of "XLT" or "Limited" or whatever on the lower left corner of the hatch.

My X has the NBX package but it only has the "XLT" decal. Is there a way I can replace this? Can I get an NBX decal from somewhere and switch it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NBX was that offroading package a few years back with different interior, and some other stuff for "off roading". I dont remember what was in it, but it was kinda like a different apearance package.

Never heard of it, must be a nice feature.

-Drew

Offroad package? It doesn't say anything about lockers, skidplates, lower gears, or better articulation. Some offroad package :rolleyes:

Ray Lobato said:
Offroad package? It doesn't say anything about lockers, skidplates, lower gears, or better articulation. Some offroad package :rolleyes:

Exactly, It has zero added off road ability. But I do like the floor mats! Hey, uofmrapper..mine came with the XLT as well. Haven't seen one with NBX.

No Boundries Experience...I think... :confused:

my guess would be 'no boundaries explorer'
what does xlt or xls stand for??

Ray Lobato said:

hey, i put "offroad" in quotes for a reason :D
They had one on the lot when i got my truck, thats the only reason ive heard of it.

got this exerpt from about.com
NBX package updates: Off-Road package is now standard, optional power moonroof and new NBX rear badge

NBX adds to XLT: 17-inch machined aluminum wheels, P245/65R17 all-terrain OWL tires, off-road package, two-tone black front/rear bumper, black cladding, wheel lip moldings, step bars, rubber floor mats, cargo soft liner, storage bag, front tow hooks and unique cloth interior.

and from edmunds.com
NBX trim includes an off-road package with skid plates and heavier-duty shocks

So acording to that there should be a badge on at least the 04 NBX

The roof rack that came with it was a Yakima (Road Warrior?) and was a nice feature. Visually it was the XLT Sport with black trim, instead of the painted gray (and different cloth interior as previously stated).

Ray Lobato said:

The 04's actually did get skid plates, just not the 03's

uofmrapper said:
Hello all - first time posting.

I got my 2003 Explorer NBX a few weeks ago and I love it so far. I can't remember if I was looking around online or if I saw one driving but I know that at some point I saw a decal on the back of an Explorer that said "NBX" instead of "XLT" or "Limited" or whatever on the lower left corner of the hatch.

My X has the NBX package but it only has the "XLT" decal. Is there a way I can replace this? Can I get an NBX decal from somewhere and switch it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The NBX badge wasn't applied to the 2003 models, the 2004 models had it though so if you go to the dealer to order one, tell them you need one for a 2004 model.

Brent

Back