2007 Explorer Sport Trac 4.6L V8 Coolant Temp Sensor??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Sport Trac 4.6L V8 Coolant Temp Sensor???

shorty2313

Reaction score
City, State
Sapulpa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello everyone, newbie to forum here. I have an issue and I'm hoping someone can give me idea where to look. I have a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac with a 4.6L V8 in it. I am needing to replace the engine coolant temperature sensor but I can not locate it. Can anyone tell me where it is located? I have called my local Ford dealerships, part stores and even a couple mechanics with no solutions on where this sucker is hiding. Closest answer I have gotten is that its on the "cross over tube" and "there is no coolant temperature sensor. That style goes off of a cylinder heat temperature sensor". I bought the sensor yesterday when the code came up. I just bought the truck last march. Been a chevy guy up til then. So new to Ford for most part lol. Any insight would be great appreciated

The CHT sensor (cylinder head temp) is mounted into the right side cylinder head underneath the intake manifold. Approx location is #3 cylinder. You will need to remove the intake manifold to access the CHT.
No ECT sensor on the 3v engine.

Back