2007 Explorer Sport Trac keyless entry code location. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Sport Trac keyless entry code location.

Reaction score
City, State
hendo nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer st limited
Anyone know where the location is of the keycode #. I have been unable to locate it:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Word is, on the Gen 2 models, it's on the back of the Smart Junction Box (fuse box).

BTW, Welcome, from down the hill.........

2007-present model is Generation 2.

which fuse box is code on. The drivers side fuse box or one under the hood. I was unable to locate code.

awesome thank you so much for the help. will start takeing some pics later will advise progress later.

well i took pictures and could not find code anywhere on the fuse box. Anyone have any ideas on my sport trac?

try using one of those extendable/flexable mirrors and a flashlight, and see if you can see any numbers in the spot the link above refers to. A 5 digit code is the right # of digits.

Will give it a try had a hard time taking pics with the blackberry tour. Sounds like a mirror and flashlight might be the way to find code.

located numbers and works. thank you everyone for the input.

2006 -2010 keyless entry location 5 digit code

2007, mecury mountaineer, ford explorer, door keyless entry code is located on the fuse panel under driver side dashboard, it is called SJB smart junction box, it is a 5 digit code printed about 1 inch from the bottom of the fuse block, you can not see the number off hand because it faces the metal frame of the car. stick your cell phone between the car and the fuse panel and start taking pictures! here is a picture.

sizeimage.php

it is located on the smart junction box (sjb)

I used my camera like this to get the code printed on the sticker. (Note this is just an example; this explorer did not have a keypad option so there is no 5 digit code on this sticker but it would be there if it did)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is another picture on an 07, I think after 07 they went to the sticker method.

this picture was taken again near the e-brake pedal. I blured out the rest of the code.

picture.php

Zoomed in on photo

picture.php

as you can see there is the code in less than 5 minutes, and no tools required.
also check this link,

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295870

or this

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1039403-2010-explorer-keyless-entry-code-location.html#post9958750

truck Explorer Sport 2007

I have the truck Explorer Sport 2007 Where can I find the number and Thanks

Hey guys, I,ll just bump this to confirm its on the box like the above instructions. I brought home my new to me 07 Sport Trac LTD with no code and found it with a little extendable mirrior and a flash light. Just remember the numbers appear backwards on the mirrior...... screwed me up for a while, lol

Cheers, Todd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CONFIRM! The code is in this location. Bought a $2 mirror from Autozone. Saved me $35 the dealer wanted to charge. Very, VERY happy!

Back