2007 XLT :: Best Engine Replacement Brand | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 XLT :: Best Engine Replacement Brand

Reaction score
City, State
Logan County, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT (base)
Have a 2007 4.0L V-6 Explorer that overheated and was driven on afterward a bit. Maintenance shop is replacing the water pump and thermostat housing, but I'm betting that the engine will go soon if it hasn't already. What are the best brands to buy a replacement engine? I've read that Jasper is not as good as its marketing suggests. The Jegs website sells a brand called ATK, which are pricier than what you'll see on Autozone and I assume they're a much better brand (just because Jegs is better than Autozone), but I don't know. Just looking for the best value for the money. I'm assuming that I have to get another 4.0L V-6 from 2007. (What other years are compatible?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is where I bought mine $2500

Remanufactured Engines|Crate Engines|Rebuilt Engines

20180227_134419.jpg

Any 4.0l sohc will fit from 97 to 2010 from a mustang, explorer, ranger, sport trac, or land rover. You just need to strip it to a long block and swap any components over from the original. The best built will be the one that uses the best quality parts.

Tech By Trade just curious. If going out side the year required would the pcm/injectors or any sensors have to be changed???

No everything has to come off the new long block

Thanks donalds. Sorry tech By Trade you did address my question in your post

Back