2008 Flash relay replacement/location ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Flash relay replacement/location ?

waynesworld

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi - My turn lights have been exhibiting some strange behaviour after i purchased a small boat trailer that had a short in the trailer wiring. I have replaced the fuse but flashers still behave bizarre on occassion. thought i would replace the flash relay as this might have also been damaged from the short event. I have the EDP27 nonOEM flasher replacement from O'reilly, but i have searched and tried for quite some time and cannot find where this flasher relay resides on the 2008 Ford Explorer XLT ? I see videos for the 1 older generation explorer (before 2006) that make it look easy, but these do not seem to apply to my 2008? Any advice or hints would be appreciated...

I think there is no traditional flasher module, its all controlled in the Smart Junction Box and instrument cluster I believe... I'd check all bulbs to make sure there are no burned/shorted out elements..

No relay, SJB does all the work. It also senses if all the bulbs have the right resistance and does odd things if they don't. That's why you cant switch to LED's without installing load resistors to match the impedance of the old bulbs.

I would look closely at the bulb. Makes sure both filaments are ok. I went nuts on my wife's Murano. The car lost left front signal, but when i switched the hazards on, all 4 were blinking.

Since then I learnt that there are 2 filaments in a bulb, one for hazards, one for regular turn. Maybe they are on the brink of breaking off ?

Back