2008 Ford Edge Limited - Died When Put In Reverse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Ford Edge Limited - Died When Put In Reverse

rtruxdope98

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
First, I apologize if this is not the correct forum to ask this. When I got to work this morning, I put my Edge into reverse to back into my spot, and the engine suddenly died. I put into park, re-started the engine, it started back up fine, I backed into my spot and turned the engine off. What could be my issue?? I bought this truck used about 3 months ago from CarMax. It's a 2008 Edge Limited with 115k miles, no check engine lights, no lights on dash lit up at all. I've also noticed a kind of shuddering when my rpms are between 1100-1400. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a couple times a week. Took it into CarMax while still under my 30 day warranty and they said it was my torque mounts? Which they replaced, but did not fix the issue. I don't want to take it back to CarMax's service center, I'm no longer under warranty for one, and for two, I just don't feel like they really know what they're doing. I'm thinking of taking it into my local Ford dealership but was just hoping to get some ideas of what I could be looking at... Thoughts?

Back