2008 ford explorer eddie bauer edition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 ford explorer eddie bauer edition

golfere2

Reaction score
City, State
alhambra, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ford explorer
I bought a second hand 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition and everything works fine except for the radio that comes on and off. The radio works on start up then after a few minutes will have no sound. "TAP" the radio console on the front plate and it will work. But after awhile, tapping the front will not make the radio work. The radio will work only if you placed pressure anywhere on the front face of the radio panel. The radio has single CD with SYNC and sirius ready. The LCD display are all working fine even when there's no sound. No flickering on LCD display. Need help please. On engine start up, radio works again but like what I said, it will have the same problem in a few minutes. Request for your assistance and recommendation. Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum golfere2.:wavey:
Unfortunately you have posted in the 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Forum.
The 5th generation Explorer is a bit different than the previous generations.
I'll move your thread to the forum where you may get some assistance.

Peter

Why not just install an aftermarket stereo? You'll get better sound quality, and it would probably be cheaper than getting the stock unit fixed.

2008 Ford Explorer Radio

After watching some videos on you tube on how to remove the radio on ford explorer, I tried my best to follow the instructions. After I removed the radio unit, I then unscrew / removed the front face from the radio and sprayed the circuit board behind the face plate with dust remover cleaner. I let it dry , re-assembled and installed the radio. The radio now works as advertised. I think, just put a little effort on what you do and believe in yourself, nothing is impossible.

Back