2008 Ford Explorer Features | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Ford Explorer Features

2008 X features.....

I hear you, but my 1st gen (1992) won't last forever, though I give it a lot of care. So, would an Escape (called a Maverick in the UK, I believe) be a better choice for a "real" 4X4?

I would really like to see a picture of the 2009 (redesigned?) Explorer.

Frankly, I don't see the point of making the next Explorer a unibody design. Cost savings? Fuel economy? But... The Freestyle (now Taurus X) which is a unibody built on the XC-90 platform, gets about the same fuel economy, within 2 mpg, and costs more than the Explorer.

Bob

1st things 1st, a Escape and a Maverick are not the same vehicle, a Maverick is sort of a Nissan Terrano-like FORD.{ A diesel optioned UK Explorer} (pull up "UK Ford Maverick" on a google search then you'll see the difference) Your 1st gen. will last as long as you keep it up mate.....be that 10 or 30-40 yrs......and what 1 person calls a "real 4x4" is as different as people are different....:)

Your 1st gen. will last as long as you keep it up mate.....be that 10 or 30-40 yrs......and what 1 person calls a "real 4x4" is as different as people are different....:)
I agree with ya on that it will last as long as its kept up with regular routine maintanence :)

I agree with ya on that it will last as long as its kept up with regular routine maintanence :)

Yes, that's what I'm doing. She gets a lot of TLC. 14 years old and 208,000 miles. Only thing I can't keep up with is the rust. Every summer I have to do a little more patching and painting. Engine is still strong. If she ever needs another transmission overhaul, it will be tough decision time!

Bob

Back