2008 NWE gathering | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 NWE gathering

I am down,just need a when and where. make sure there is enough parking what ever I bring will be on a trailer

Tahuya would be a easy place for the close to stockers maybe there is a place to eat close by that would suit evryone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am down,just need a when and where. make sure there is enough parking what ever I bring will be on a trailer

Tahuya would be a easy place for the close to stockers maybe there is a place to eat close by that would suit evryone.

I second both of JR's motions.

Safeway:bsnicker::dunno::scratch::nono::shifty_ey:wtf:

And a really nice selection of drinks on Aisle 8 :D

I will contact some peoples I know in the area and see what type of sit down restaurants are in the area if that is what we would like to do other than safeway

Dates ??

Like a few of the others, I would prefer to spend the day wheeling, then stop for some grub, (even if it is Safeway), instead of just linking up.

So Tahuya ? Porters ? Dates ?

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. I'm willing to contribute a "Mystery Gift" for a needy Explorer owner if we can pull this off. . .:rolleyes:

agreed. nothing to hardcore. but Tahuya sounds like a blast.

Paul do you know how much your explorer weighs?

Does this Explorer make my Ass look big? ? ?

JR -

Weighed the Exploder a few years back, if memory serves, pretty sure it registered around the 4200 lb realm. At that time it had the 33 inch tires, but not the rear mounted spare, winch, or Atlas II. With those additions I guess it'd be closer to 4350-4400 lbs.

Are you trying to determine the weight of the Sport?

Paul
'91 Sport

..okay....on the way to Tahuya there is a BBQ place called Jimmy D's. Good but not AS good as the other 2 places mentioned....There is one in Belfair, and there is another one in Gorst.

Belfair and Tahuya are literally the same place. Tahuya is just the area immediatly outside of the park. Gorst is the 'armpit' (for lack of a better word) of the bay between Bremerton and Port Orchard.

If you guys go wheeling, I can get my friends Quad, and join you guys....

Ryan

Remember when sugesting places to eat that we will require allot of parking

JR -

Weighed the Exploder a few years back, if memory serves, pretty sure it registered around the 4200 lb realm. At that time it had the 33 inch tires, but not the rear mounted spare, winch, or Atlas II. With those additions I guess it'd be closer to 4350-4400 lbs.

Are you trying to determine the weight of the Sport?

Paul
'91 Sport

I am going to be building a new version of my explorer in the very near future I like the wheelbase of the sport/navajo but a bronco2 weighs a little less haven a hard time decidiong which way to go

P.S. I'm willing to contribute a "Mystery Gift" for a needy Explorer owner if we can pull this off. . .:rolleyes:

WHOA! do I qualify? do I, do I????

Tahuya is fun. I'm definitly gonna make that trip! Let me know when and I'll be there for the whole weekend!

Tahuya is fun. I'm definitly gonna make that trip! Let me know when and I'll be there for the whole weekend!

Hmm, camping and wheeling, Albinoable snow boy would like that. You gonna bring the chuckwagon?

Where would you set up camp? It's been a while since I've been there. We'd drag our '73 tent trailer out but it's low to the ground so we need a realtively flat approach, about the same as the guys trailering their rigs.

On second thought, it's a tent and I don't want to get ripped off:rolleyes:

JimmyD's in Gorst has a decent parking lot. Across the street is more parking too.
JimmyD's in Belfair has a bigger parking lot.

Ryan

There's a nice place to eat next to the car wash in befair (jimmyd's?) with plenty of parking.

As far as camping, there is a large camping area across from the entrance to the 4wheeling area that is large enough to host us all. Its flat and has enough room for trailers. Its safe enough that i leave the chuck wagon there all day while wheelin. The rangers drive through there all the time making sure everything is ok.

Theres also Belfair State Park just a couple miles from the wheelin area. Plenty of room for trailers and motorhomes there, but you have to pay for it.

As for the wheelin'....I love it. Its fun for the stockers, but there's also some harder stuff for the big dogs. Thats why I like it, its only as hard as you make it. The rock piles and mud pits are tons of fun! During the summer its really dry and dusty (no mud-aka boring) but during the winter and late spring its just sloppy enough to make it interesting.

Hows the weekend of March 1st?

arsoul are you talkin about Tahuya?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1 March !

The first of March sounds good to me, either as a single day event or stretched over the weekend. . .

Looking forward to it.

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. More to follow on the "Mystery Gift", all attendees would be eligible. . . :p:

Back