2009 Eddie Bauer, Looking for some guidance! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2009 Eddie Bauer, Looking for some guidance!

Brent60

Reaction score
City, State
Falls Church, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Eddie Bauer
Well today I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT with 26,000 miles for a 2009 Explorer Eddie Bauer 16,000 miles. It is the 4.0 V6, 5 speed, 4x4. What im curious about is, I can find all types of mods that say they are compatible for 2008 and down Explorers but nothing for the 09+ If anyone can give me some guidance I was looking into increasing the MPG's a bit by adding a Intake and possibly a SCT tune. Also do 2008 parts fit in the 2009 thanks guys any help much needed. Thanks. BTW heres a pic of my baby.

20101222163719.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice looking rig, but for those seeking performance the V8 is the cost-effective solution.

The V8 also gets slightly better gas mileage (see EPA ratings for valid apples to apples comparisons) due to the 6 speed transmission.

Beautiful eddie, those 2006+ explorers look really sharp in that color scheme.
Nice pick.

Hey guys thanks for the comments. Im not really looking for 0-60 just better MPG and an engine swap is out of the questions just looking for some guidance from other 09 V6 owners out there.

Very nice truck.

To answer your question, 2006-2010 Explorers are known as "Gen. 4" and are mechanically identical. Same engines, tranny, all that stuff. Maybe a couple of interior equipment differences.

In other words, a mod that works for 2008 should work for 09 and 10 as well. You may want to call the company and confirm.

Nice lookin' low miles truck! Enjoy it for what it is. Don't worry about tuning it or a CAI for now. I get the best mpg from mine by keeping it tuned up and driving sensibly. Take it where you can use the 4-wheel drive a little. I enjoy my Explorer most in the snowy weather......that's when it's at its best.

Thanks for the comments guys makes me feel better for trading in the 08 mustang.(in five years gonna convince the wife to a 69 Boss) Im excited for next week part of the trade deal is the dealership is going to install the Sync DVD/Nav Touchscreen, I know there are probably better units out there but I really wanted to keep the sync capabilities. Also got the dealer to agree to fix the weather striping on the passenger door looks like someone went "Nom nom" on it :p They are also going to look up my factory code for the driver door keypad.(they first wanted to charge $60 and i just gave them a dumb look) But anyways I have to say this is a great truck, I havent seen any bad reviews and everyone says the 09's are top notch in quality. Enough babbling I'll post up a few more pics probably tomorrow.:salute:

They are also going to look up my factory code for the driver door keypad.(they first wanted to charge $60 and i just gave them a dumb look)

Mr. Sales Guy,"Instead of charging me $60.00 to see if the keyless entry works, how about we knock off another $800.00 because it doesnt work."

Back