2010 awd sport trac clunking. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 awd sport trac clunking.

GGGG

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Adrenalin
i have a 2010 sport trac adrenalin it has the auto awd or 4 wheel lock options. when I take off on a slippery surface and the rear tires spin it kicks into awd. when this happens I get a large clunk when the front tires engage. my question is, is there bushings or mounts that are known issues in these trucks or maybe a transfer case issue. this is my first sport trac and not to familiar with it. it has only 68000 km on it. I did do some research and the only one that was conclusive was that a slipping transfer case was the issue.

Try posting over in the sport trac section and see what they have to say. It sounds like end play in the front driveline to me but it is hard to say. A transmission shop would be able to isolate it for you.

thanx, will do, I didn't realize there was a sport trac section.

i own a 2010 sport trac also. i have a problem with the frt and rear suspension, up here its seems worse in the winter, going over a crack in the pavement lots of clunking in frt end, supposidly ford has a TSB OUT ON THEM have not been able to find , im positive its all the rubber bushing that are either loose or just have gotten hard, have sprayed them all with penetrating fluid works for a while but not a cure, will replace with moog or another brand other than ford, have 70,000 kms on it, its in mint other than that

Back