• Register Today It's free!

2010 tire size

horsefly

Reaction score
City, State
Hightstown NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer
I have a 2010 EB with 235/65-18. I want to go bigger. What would be the best size to go without having to do any mods. I was hoping maybe 255/65-18. There just is no selection with the stock tire size.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been running 265-60-18 on my Edie Bauer for the past 46k miles. Looks much better. The closest tire height to stock 235 65 18

I have been running 265-60-18 on my Edie Bauer for the past 46k miles. Looks much better. The closest tire height to stock 235 65 18

Is your speedometer off a bit with those?

According to my hand calculation, I am showing 1.64 % less than the actual. So for every 101.64 miles driven, I clock 100.

The tire is taller by 0.49 of an inch.

When my speedo shows 60 mph, I am realy going 60.984 mph.

Has not cause any issues. Remember that that type of a difference is part of a wear and pressure differences on a stock tire as well.

Post # 8 of this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246877 says that 265/65x18 will fit your vehicle. Note that some posts seem to be for an earlier model where wheel spec's may be different as well as suspension clearances causing tire rub at full lock.

The 255/60x18 are the same diameter as the 235/65x18 stock. The 265/60x18 is slightly larger diameter as noted earlier.

Here is a calculator: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp to assess the implications of the tire change you are thinking about. Our stock wheels are 7.5" wide by 18" diameter and +44 mm offset to plug into the computations.

Good luck.

Thanks This gives me more choices, my tire guy keeps recommending the MichelinLTX which i guess is a good tire but I want something just a bit more off road but not super aggressive. Looking at the Cooper AT/3, my son has the older style on his F 150 and he is very happy with them. Thanks again

Town, good point with 255-60-18 tires. I was wondering why I did not go with those, but then I recall there are so few choices in that size.

Thanks This gives me more choices, my tire guy keeps recommending the MichelinLTX which i guess is a good tire but I want something just a bit more off road but not super aggressive. Looking at the Cooper AT/3, my son has the older style on his F 150 and he is very happy with them. Thanks again

I've got the A/T3's on my 2010 Explorer and I like them. They are a b*tch to balance, but they are quiet going down the road and traction in the wet is excellent. How they do in the snow remains to be seen.

I just bought Kelly Signature Safari's in 265/60R18. I love them, and as a bonus, my speedometer is spot on now.

Ford should have used that size as standard!

Ended up going with the Cooper AT3 in 265/65-18 and so far I really like them.Rides like a different truck.

Glad you found a tire you like! I went with 265/70-18 option with Goodrich TA KO. Great aggressive tread and very slightly higher profile looks fantastic - no mods or rubbing issues either.

Back