• Register Today It's free!

2011 explorer prices going up?

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
Hello, when I purchased my FWD XLT with package 202A, tow package and cross-bars, the MSRP including destination was $35,535.00
Today, I priced out the same identical configuration at ford.com and the MRSP I get is $35,920.00
That's an increase of $375.00, are they figuring out they can get away with higher MSRP?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, you made me curious...I am now comparing the price at ford.com and my window sticker...

my window sticker vs ford.com (4/7/11 price)
XLT(AWD) 33,190 vs 33,350
202A 2,850 vs 3,075
(after $720 discount) vs (don't see any discount for 202A now)
BLIS 495 vs 495
destination 805 vs 805
total 37,340 vs 37,725

as you can see the base MSRP and the net package prices increased for my case!

Ford is increasing prices across the board due to the rise in gas prices and the cost of goods. Can't remember the exact amount though.

are they figuring out they can get away with higher MSRP?

Yes.

My question is when did the price adjustment take place? I ordered on 3/30 and was wondering if the prices went up before or after that date.

I'm getting ready to buy in a couple weeks and was concerned when I saw this. But what's interesting is that Ford's site (for the 4WD Limited model, that I'm interested) is actually now listing lower than what's on truecar.com...Hmm...

My XLT increased from 38705 to 39090 (+$385).

Ford is increasing prices across the board due to the rise in gas prices and the cost of goods. Can't remember the exact amount though.

It can't be due to shipping costs since they don't seem to be actually shipping very many of them. ;)

I compared right before picking up my X. I looked at the pricing I had worked up right before I ordered, and my Window Sticker. From what I saw, the base price (Limited 4WD) stayed the same, but the 302A package had gone up about $800!

So you know, my dealer said the price I ordered at was locked in, and that's what I bought it for when I picked it up Tuesday.

Some of the packages were being offered at discounted rates (the 202A on my XLT was discounted $720), maybe they just dropped those discounts.

I compared right before picking up my X. I looked at the pricing I had worked up right before I ordered, and my Window Sticker. From what I saw, the base price (Limited 4WD) stayed the same, but the 302A package had gone up about $800!

So you know, my dealer said the price I ordered at was locked in, and that's what I bought it for when I picked it up Tuesday.

So even though your order in before the price increase, the window sticker on your X when it came in showed a higher price?

Hard to tell-i ordered in december and am STILL waiting for shipment. :(

So even though your order in before the price increase, the window sticker on your X when it came in showed a higher price?

Actually I am wrong on that. I just looked again and was not taking into account the package discount.

Comparing them it seem the base price on Limited AWD went up $175 and 302A went up $605.

Back