• Register Today It's free!

2012 explorer sunroof adjustment

Kss0fdth

Reaction score
City, State
Brist ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 explorer limited
Hello all, I’m new. I searched the forum pretty extensively, but didn’t find an answer. I recently had to replace my sunroof and sun shade motors. I reinitialized the motors and everything was fine. I didn’t realize the water was coming in from clogged drains, so eventually like every one else, I figured that out and cleaned my drains. While cleaning my drains the right side of my wind deflector broke, I have since found the hole in the track and filled it temporarily until I can afford the almost $200 for the new wind deflector. But I now notice that my sunroof is just plain leaking. My drains are clean, the hole is filled. The only thing I can find at this point is that my sunroof is not sealing correctly in the front, it is a little low. Low enough that I can hear wind leaking thru. I cannot find anything on how to adjust the height of the sunroof, only how to initialize it. I’ve looked and do not see any screws like on other vehicles. Anyone encounter this? Anyone have any steps or ideas what to do next? Thanks guys!! I read this forum often and find answers here often!

Sorry I should mention, 2012 explorer limited.

Sorry I should mention, 2012 explorer limited.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You shouldn't have to apologize. The info is in your margin profile. ;)
I don't believe that anyone here has posted about a similar issue. I don't believe that there is any adjustment that can be made to the moonroof to correct the problem.

Peter

Back