• Register Today It's free!

2012 explorer sunroof

clickclack

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 LTD Explorer
I have I question about the sunroof. I swear for the longest time to close the sunshade on the roof it was a One Touch Option. Some how I have to hold the button down to keep the shade closing. Is this normal and I'm going crazy or was it ever a one touch option like the sunroof.

Thanks

I have I question about the sunroof. I swear for the longest time to close the sunshade on the roof it was a One Touch Option. Some how I have to hold the button down to keep the shade closing. Is this normal and I'm going crazy or was it ever a one touch option like the sunroof.

Thanks
As per the Owner's Guide it is a one or two step operation depending on whether or not you have the dual panel moon roof.

To open the sunscreen: Press and release the control. The sunscreen will automatically open. Note: For the dual panel moon roof, the sunscreen stops at the first panel. Press and release again to continue to open the sunscreen past the second panel.

The same applies to closing it. It closes in 2 stages as well. No need to hold the button in either opening or closing the sunscreen.

Peter

Thanks

As per the Owner's Guide it is a one or two step operation depending on whether or not you have the dual panel moon roof.

To open the sunscreen: Press and release the control. The sunscreen will automatically open. Note: For the dual panel moon roof, the sunscreen stops at the first panel. Press and release again to continue to open the sunscreen past the second panel.

The same applies to closing it. It closes in 2 stages as well. No need to hold the button in either opening or closing the sunscreen.

Peter

Hi clickclack and Peter,

If Peter continues being awesome at providing answers to concerned customers, I'll soon be out of a job. :D LOL, JK! Thank you, I really appreciate your help with this.

Clickclack, you can find the instruction that Peter provided from the Owner Manual on page 110. :)

Bianca

Back