2012 Picture Track down - roof rack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Picture Track down - roof rack

jcerrion

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Guys, I need some help. Can anyone help me track down a contact to the owner of this 2012 explorer? I love his tire setup, and the look with a roof rack. i want to get info on the specs of this setup. such as:

Wheels-? size, brand
Tires-? size, brand
lift or suspension adjustment?
new clearance with rack installed? (garages? (im guessing no))

Here is the link for original picture location. http://www.orsracksdirect.com/2012-ford-explorer-roof-rack-cargo-basket-thule-690xt-moab.html

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't help you on the tires, but regarding the roof rack, I installed a 2003 ford explorer NBX roof rack made by yakima and it works great! I can PM you a photo if you are willing to post it on this thread (I don't have image hosting service) This roof rack bolts right onto the OEM roof rack cross bars

I'm going to guess the tires are Nittos of some kind and I think the wheels are made by KMC probably in the XD series.

I'm going to guess the tires are Nittos of some kind and I think the wheels are made by KMC probably in the XD series.

yawp. got the wheels right. and the tires do look nitto, have found the eaxact tire match yet though.

They look like 265's?

That thing must whistle like crazy!

I can't help you on the tires, but regarding the roof rack, I installed a 2003 ford explorer NBX roof rack made by yakima and it works great! I can PM you a photo if you are willing to post it on this thread (I don't have image hosting service) This roof rack bolts right onto the OEM roof rack cross bars

Pics of "new to ford's" ride and rack.
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for posting and yes, the roof rack does clear our garage door.

Back