2013 Explorer Limited Lease Numbers (2/23/2012) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Limited Lease Numbers (2/23/2012)

Here's my numbers on my 2012 Ex AWD Ltd 302a with sunroof, plat white, and polished rims (sticker is 45870) - 5k down, 10,500/yr, 24 mos, 381/m. I just picked it up 2 weeks ago. Got 1500 cash back towards it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter are the Husky or Weathertech mats available with the dealer ?

~A
No they are not. Both are very good but the Husky front mats have better coverage. They will cover the carpeted area right to the door sill. Not sure if Weathertech has modified theirs or not. I have the Husky mats but you can't go wrong with either brand. They actually form a tray so they are easy to take out and empty in the Wintertime if you get water in them. Either one is superior to the OEM all weather mats.
I believe that you may be able to get a discount on the Husky mats. A group buy was set up. You'd have to do a search on the forum to find the info.

Peter

No they are not. Both are very good but the Husky front mats have better coverage. They will cover the carpeted area right to the door sill. Not sure if Weathertech has modified theirs or not. I have the Husky mats but you can't go wrong with either brand. They actually form a tray so they are easy to take out and empty in the Wintertime if you get water in them. Either one is superior to the OEM all weather mats.
I believe that you may be able to get a discount on the Husky mats. A group buy was set up. You'd have to do a search on the forum to find the info.

Peter

Thanks one more quick question, when I take the delivery of my truck next week, how do I find out if the MFT has been upgraded ?

Is there a comparison between the screens from the old system and the new system somwhere I can look forward to ?

~A

Thanks one more quick question, when I take the delivery of my truck next week, how do I find out if the MFT has been upgraded ?

Is there a comparison between the screens from the old system and the new system somwhere I can look forward to ?

~A
The updated version does not show the outside temperature next to the time on the main screen. You should also be able to log on to www.syncmyride.com and it will show your software version. I believe the update is V3.02. Perhaps someone can confirm. If you haven't logged on to the site before, you will have to register first.

Peter

The updated version does not show the outside temperature next to the time on the main screen. You should also be able to log on to www.syncmyride.com and it will show your software version. I believe the update is V3.02. Perhaps someone can confirm. If you haven't logged on to the site before, you will have to register first.

Peter

Thanks Just created a new account to check and it shows SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.11 :(

Not sure if I can request the upgrade from the dealer at time of delivery.

~A

~A

it might have been done but not reported to syncmyride. run (or have them run) a vehicle health report and after a few minutes it will show up on sincmyride....

~A
As vig1116 mentioned, it may just be that the upgrade has not been reported yet.
If it has not actually been done, you should insist that it be updated before taking delivery. Others here have done so.

Peter

I've been looking thro0ugh this thread as I don't drive the Ford Sport, but it is a good looking vehicle. When leasing, you need some basic info, and details. Many posts are lacking what you need to really compare deals.

Get the negotiated price (inclusive of freight and fees), with a specific list of options. State regs differ on whether the sales tax applies to leases, and if so is it an annual property tax, or a monthly sales tax? This makes a difference in the ultimate monthly payment. You will find some states may not let you finance the sales tax so that is initial out of pocket $$ even with "no money down" deals.

Get the money factor and residual value for the specific term and mileage of the lease. Recognize the dealership can mark up money factors, so you can comparison shop just as you would the cost of the car. There are a host of leasing calculators on the web that will provide you monthly payments once all your details are known.

One last piece of advice--for a lease there is little gained by placing a large monthly down payment. You may reduce your monthly payment and your finance charge, but not meaningfully when compared ot the opportunity cost of the down payment. The downside of a large down payment is that you can lose this investment should you total your car in an accident As it technically is not your car, insurance proceeds will cover the lease holder (manufacturer), meaning no funds come back to you even if the value of the car is more than your payoff.

I've been looking thro0ugh this thread as I don't drive the Ford Sport, but it is a good looking vehicle. When leasing, you need some basic info, and details. Many posts are lacking what you need to really compare deals.

Get the negotiated price (inclusive of freight and fees), with a specific list of options. State regs differ on whether the sales tax applies to leases, and if so is it an annual property tax, or a monthly sales tax? This makes a difference in the ultimate monthly payment. You will find some states may not let you finance the sales tax so that is initial out of pocket $$ even with "no money down" deals.

Get the money factor and residual value for the specific term and mileage of the lease. Recognize the dealership can mark up money factors, so you can comparison shop just as you would the cost of the car. There are a host of leasing calculators on the web that will provide you monthly payments once all your details are known.

One last piece of advice--for a lease there is little gained by placing a large monthly down payment. You may reduce your monthly payment and your finance charge, but not meaningfully when compared ot the opportunity cost of the down payment. The downside of a large down payment is that you can lose this investment should you total your car in an accident As it technically is not your car, insurance proceeds will cover the lease holder (manufacturer), meaning no funds come back to you even if the value of the car is more than your payoff.
I prefer a down payment so that my monthly payments are lower. I guess it is a personal choice and I have always done it with all 5 vehicles. The way I look at it is that you are going to end up paying it one way or the other. Here, it doesn't affect the dealer's interest rate. What I have done with my leased vehicles is to take advantage of the multiple refundable down payments to reduce the rate. With the Ex, I put $6250 (max allowed in this case) down as a refundable payment and it reduced the interest rate 1.5% over the 48 month term. At lease end I get that payment back.
The sales tax (13%) is paid monthly and is part of the lease payment. I think this 'property tax' issue is only in the States.
It seems that leasing is on the rise here.

Peter

Back