2013 Explorer Medium Stone interior color problem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Medium Stone interior color problem

"At Ford, Quality is Job 1"......Oh wait, they don't use that slogan any longer...Our 2013 XLT has the same color interior and some of the same discoloration. Ford has beat me down, I'm not even going to fight with them over this distraction.....Done with new Fords however.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With me, I sent two letters to Ford and NEVER received an answer to either! Real Customer Service! :thumbdwn:

Hi rmp301,

My offer to assist still stands. Send me a PM with your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) so I can get your regional customer service manager involved. If you prefer, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal

QUOTE=FordCustSrvc;3138973]Hi rmp301,

My offer to assist still stands. Send me a PM with your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) so I can get your regional customer service manager involved. If you prefer, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal I did ..... Why would I want to talk with the regional manager? ........ My letters of complaint revolved around him! :mad:

"At Ford, Quality is Job 1"......Oh wait, they don't use that slogan any longer...Our 2013 XLT has the same color interior and some of the same discoloration. Ford has beat me down, I'm not even going to fight with them over this distraction.....Done with new Fords however.
Me to brother! :(

1992ford green - thanks for your opinion. However, when someone spends the kind of money that Fords are now charging for their vehicles, you would expect them to honor their warranty. Like I said, if they can deny to repair the item because it does not "substantially" impair the use or safety of the vehicle, despite their admission that it was a factory issue, then there is really no bumper to bumper warranty. IMAO
I see now, it's not really the stress marks you're worried about; it's Ford's lousy excuse for a warranty and they wont honor it. It'd make me grumpy, but than again, I wouldn't have made a fuss about it to start out with. I do understand about the "expensive plastic" Ford vehicles. They were better back in the 90's.

Yes. Don't waste your time with Ford Customer Care or with any offer of assistance from the Ford representatives in this forum. Sending your messages to the "regional manager" won't work because the individual does not call you. He deals directly with the dealership. It is amazing that the Ford representative during the arbitration actually admitted that the problem was due to the flexing and bending of the panel during installation. Yet, he claimed there was no defect. If you read the warranty, it speaks of repairing defects in workmanship.

QUOTE=FordCustSrvc;3138973]Hi rmp301,

Crystal I did ..... Why would I want to talk with the regional manager? ........ My letters of complaint revolved around him! :mad:

Hi rmp301,

I can document your feedback about your CSM. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, and any information you'd like me to include about your experience; I'll do the rest.

Crystal

Back