Kodiak Brown color being discontinued? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kodiak Brown color being discontinued?

shopping

Reaction score
I got a lot of help and good advice on a thread I started about buying a new Explorer. I have one more question.....

I am just about to buy. I think we have settled on a Kodiak brown Ltd. w/ charcoal interior. Then I read that the Kodiak brown will not be offered on the 2014 Explorers. I think it is a new color this year. So now I'm worried about getting the brown. Why do you think it was only offered for one year? Maybe it wasn't very popular. I love the way it looks, but I don't want it to look dated in a few years. I always drive my car for about 10 years, so I will have this one for awhile. What do you think? Do you think I should be concerned about a color that was only available for one year?

ETA: Sorry. Have been doing more reading, and I found a link on this site that shows Kodiak Brown will, in fact, be a 2014 color. I thought I read on this site that it would not be, but I can't find that now and it looks like that was incorrect info. Sorry! Kodiak Brown, V6, Ltd it is! (If they can find the one they think they have found. )

I got a lot of help and good advice on a thread I started about buying a new Explorer. I have one more question.....

I am just about to buy. I think we have settled on a Kodiak brown Ltd. w/ charcoal interior. Then I read that the Kodiak brown will not be offered on the 2014 Explorers. I think it is a new color this year. So now I'm worried about getting the brown. Why do you think it was only offered for one year? Maybe it wasn't very popular. I love the way it looks, but I don't want it to look dated in a few years. I always drive my car for about 10 years, so I will have this one for awhile. What do you think? Do you think I should be concerned about a color that was only available for one year?

ETA: Sorry. Have been doing more reading, and I found a link on this site that shows Kodiak Brown will, in fact, be a 2014 color. I thought I read on this site that it would not be, but I can't find that now and it looks like that was incorrect info. Sorry! Kodiak Brown, V6, Ltd it is! (If they can find the one they think they have found. )
Gingerale and Green Gem were the deleted colours for 2014. Looks like Ford has given up on being 'green'.

http://www.cars.com/ford/explorer/2014/photos

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...kVUTTQ/edit&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_137030209510410

Peter

Back