2013 Explorer police interceptor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer police interceptor

K9explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Interceptor
So I bought this 2013 police interceptor and I'm getting the itch to upgrade.
Can any one tell me if there is some kind of turbo kit out there for this 3.7l version? I know they obviously make turbos for that engine since its the same as the V6 mustang engine, but since this is a sideways mounted engine it most likely won't fit. I'd like to reach 400hp and since the Eco boost could get close to that with tuning I think it should be possible. Let me know your ideas
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I bought this 2013 police interceptor and I'm getting the itch to upgrade.
Can any one tell me if there is some kind of turbo kit out there for this 3.7l version? I know they obviously make turbos for that engine since its the same as the V6 mustang engine, but since this is a sideways mounted engine it most likely won't fit. I'd like to reach 400hp and since the Eco boost could get close to that with tuning I think it should be possible. Let me know your ideas
Thanks.

Get a tuner, it's way cheaper and best bang for your $$$

Agreed check Livernois Motor Sports or Unleashed tuning and start with a tune. Not sure if either of them have done anything with the PI Utility 3.7 though.

Agreed check Livernois Motor Sports or Unleashed tuning and start with a tune. Not sure if either of them have done anything with the PI Utility 3.7 though.
+1 on that. Start with a tune if it is available for the 3.7.

For aorund 400-500$, Livernois will send you their scanner tool to scan the engine. Once they get the files back they can (try to) develop a tune for the 3.7L engine. I have a '13 PIU as well and I love the performance. It's already built for jackrabbit starts so I think a tune wouldn't be the best bang for the buck. I would get the word out to a supercharger or turbo shop to see if they can custom fab something. Anything is possible. Would be insane to have a sleeper turbo 3.7l cyclone!

The 3.7L Police Interceptor Utility has special Terrain Management, Power Transfer Unit, EPAS, AWD tuning, but the engine tuning is stock no different than the Lincoln it comes from.

Someone NEEDS to step up and get their interceptor to Livernois... if I end up keeping mine, I'm about two thousand miles too far away for that venture lol

Someone NEEDS to step up and get their interceptor to Livernois... if I end up keeping mine, I'm about two thousand miles too far away for that venture lol

Drive on over what are you waiting for lol

mb5617c39daf8861.22307979.jpg

LOL

Your secret is safe with us!

Back