2013 Ford Explorer temperature overheat light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer temperature overheat light

nathaniel72

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT
My 2013 Ford Explorer shows a temperature overheat light when a/c is running. Then the radiator fan starts to run and I get a overheat warning light on my dashboard. My coolant is barely low when this happens. Need to know what I should be looking to do to solve this issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Nathaniel. :wave:
I didn't realize that there were 2 such warnings. Is the temperature gauge running high/hot as well or is that one of the warnings?

Peter

welcome to EF!

May want to get a scan tool hooked up so you can read the actual temperature and see if any DTC is being thrown.

The AC could be locking up which will stress the engine. Even a working AC will increase engine temp by about 10F.

Scan tool is best place to start

Welcome to the Forum Nathaniel. :wave:
I didn't realize that there were 2 such warnings. Is the temperature gauge running high/hot as well or is that one of the warnings?

Peter
That is one of the warnings that
May want to get a scan tool hooked up so you can read the actual temperature and see if any DTC is being thrown.

The AC could be locking up which will stress the engine. Even a working AC will increase engine temp by about 10F.

Scan tool is best place to start
Thank You for that will do

Back