2014 Explorer limited Power driver frequent seat ticking noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer limited Power driver frequent seat ticking noise

rman66

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle,Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer LTD 4WD
My power driver seat keeps ticking away while I am driving. When parked, If I press against the back of the seat, I can hear the tick. If I press and move forward I can replicate the ticking noise. This is unbearable, and while driving ticks more than one tick per second. Tick is quite loud and very clear. What is the solution for this?

Here is a video of the noise when I push back against the seat. The ticking noise is ever present, ~2 ticks per second at random when I sit and am driving

IMG_2965.MOV

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the ticking sound only there when you are sitting in the seat? Is the A/C on when this is happening? Does it happen with the climate turned OFF (heat & cool)?
Fuse #23 in the engine compartment is for the driver's seat & memory module. Have you tried pulling that (will likely lose any saved settings)?
Last resort is take it to the dealer.

Peter

Please review the video I posted via link above. The noise has nothing to do with A/C. It is mechanical, and coming from inside the seat at the backrest.

Please review the video I posted via link above. The noise has nothing to do with A/C. It is mechanical, and coming from inside the seat at the backrest.
So it happens only when sitting in the seat then. Can't say I hear any actual ticking in the video. Just some rubbing noises and others caused by your moving back and forth. I'm guessing that if you sat still that there wouldn't be any noise. It that correct?

No no.. By my moving about like that, I am forcing the noise to emanage at the frequency of my moving about. While driving though, the ticking noise is random but occurs frequently, nearly 1 tick per second. I quietly sit and drive and the noise, 1 tick per second on average. There is something rattling inside the seat at random, excited by the inertial forces.

Back