2014 Ford Explorer-how to access rear wiper motor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer-how to access rear wiper motor?

LT_Spenny

Reaction score
City, State
San Pedro, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello,

I'm trying to get to the rear wiper motor and don't know where the trim clips are on the rear lift gate. I've tried the search feature and found a post mentioning clips, but when i tried to follow those instructions, i got nowhere, maybe I'm not pulling on the rear trim hard enough? anyways was hoping for some feedback on how difficult that trim should be to pull off. I removed the screws under the handle cover and the little inspection port to look at the gate lock and haven't been able to remove anything else.

Much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,

I'm trying to get to the rear wiper motor and don't know where the trim clips are on the rear lift gate. I've tried the search feature and found a post mentioning clips, but when i tried to follow those instructions, i got nowhere, maybe I'm not pulling on the rear trim hard enough? anyways was hoping for some feedback on how difficult that trim should be to pull off. I removed the screws under the handle cover and the little inspection port to look at the gate lock and haven't been able to remove anything else.

Much appreciated!

Remove the part around the glass (7 clips).
liftgate1.JPG

Then remove the liftgate handle cover and remove two bolts.

liftgate2.JPG

Pull main panel away (10 clips).

liftgate3.JPG

Thank you. This helps immensely!

Back