2014 Mustang to IRS and abandon retro style | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Mustang to IRS and abandon retro style

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They'll go here:

1963mustang4door_resized.jpg

NOT! :D

sweet! then in about 5-6 years Dodge and Chevy will follow!!

I swear everytime I see a new Charger or Camaro, as sweet as they are, I just feel they both missed the boat... the new stang body had been out for a few years before they came to market with their "retro" offerings.... Ford is leading the design these days IMO their sales and awards reflect this

sweet! then in about 5-6 years Dodge and Chevy will follow!!

I swear everytime I see a new Charger or Camaro, as sweet as they are, I just feel they both missed the boat... the new stang body had been out for a few years before they came to market with their "retro" offerings.... Ford is leading the design these days IMO their sales and awards reflect this

X2!
The mustang has a classic, yet modern look and hopefully they don't deviate too much from that. I suspect the new one will be great too, especially with the re-introduction of the 5.0L.

I must say- I'm actually excited to see what Ford will be coming out with lately. I know it was a big deal back 50-60 years ago when cars were introduced at the dealerships, creating excitement. It's not like that anymore, with tha interwebz and spy shots... But Ford really is coming out with some cool stuff... :thumbsup:

So if they plan on down-sizing the Mustang. DO you think that they're gonna RE-REtronize the fox-body? I had always wondered what they would do if they Fox-body did come back. Hmmm maybe we'll find out. Maybe it may be for the best in the end they stop the retro style. Because as common as Mustangs are this would make the 2005-2014 S197's more of a modern classic later on down the road. I just hope it doesn't turn out ricey.

Back