• Register Today It's free!

2014 sport ordered

Ridetherock

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport.
Ordered a 2014 sport 3 weeks ago. Red, two tone interior, rear captains, and all the options except the rear seat entertainment. No vin or other info from the dealer yet, but was told 4-6 weeks, which I think was unrealistic of them to say looking at other threads here. It's got to make it all the way to northern Alberta. The dealer had one on the lot but sold it as I was going through the financing. Now the long wait. Got two morimoto hid kits for the heads and fogs, and ordering full weather tech or husky kit this week. Likely getting a set of 18" ice tires on steel rims for the winter as well. Thinking I will add a few accessories like moulded mud flaps, window visors, roof rack cross bars, and some tinting to the front windows.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice build! We are just South of you in Boyle.... Tried all over the place around here to find a dealership that had an Explorer Sport allocation left, no luck. We ended up going all the way to Big M Ford in Medicine Hat. It took a about 35 days from order to our driveway.

Just a heads up, it's a VERY easy vehicle to speed in! You'll have to watch out when you're out on Highway 63 lol. Overall we are VERY impressed with the power and the looks... you're going to love yours!!

Nice, 35 days is nothing. I'm 25 days in and only just got my vin after bugging the dealer. i suspect the sport would make it a quick trip over the new divided part of 63 if you wanted to. I'm in no hurry to become another highway 63 statistic though lol im about to start a rotation job and move to edmonton so the sport will be making the trip up and down the highway at least once a month.

My window sticker was available this morning.

Your lucky, Im at 5 weeks no VIN yet.

My husky liners are in as well. Going to pick them up shortly. I usually go weathertech but after seeing the extra protection of the front husky mats I figured IDE give em a try. Got the front and middle row set with the cargo liner to cover the third row since those seats will prob never be sit in.

Ridetherock,

what's the date shown on the upper left hand side of your window sticker. Looks something like 201311xxx

2013 for year, 11 month, Etc. Just curious what the date your car is going "in production."
Thz

20131106. Tracking from the cdn ford rep is giving an eta of dec 3rd to get the vehicle.

morimoto hid kits and husky mats awaiting the sport.
mats001-M.jpg

the mats seem thiner than the weather techs i usually go with, but I'm the spikes on the bottom should be nice to prevent the moving around that the weather techs i have now do.

mats002-M.jpg

mats003-M.jpg

Glad to hear yours is coming along!! What does the Morimoto HID kit do? I thought all Sports came with factory HID's?

Only the limited's have hid, the sport has to make do with halogen projectors that also function as drl's. But the lights can be reprogrammed to switch the drl's to the ambers like the limited so you can add aftermarket hid bulbs to the projectors, if your dealer will do it for you ( the computer pops up a warning that changes are unauthorized or something like that when the tech goes to change it). I told my salesman I wanted the lights programmed before I pick up the vehicle, but I have a feeling it's going to be a hassle getting it done.

Hmm, the Morimotos sound like a great idea:thumbsup:, where did you get yours and about how much?

Thanks,

AJ

Only the limited's have hid, the sport has to make do with halogen projectors that also function as drl's. But the lights can be reprogrammed to switch the drl's to the ambers like the limited so you can add aftermarket hid bulbs to the projectors, if your dealer will do it for you ( the computer pops up a warning that changes are unauthorized or something like that when the tech goes to change it). I told my salesman I wanted the lights programmed before I pick up the vehicle, but I have a feeling it's going to be a hassle getting it done.

Oh!! That makes much more sense now. We bought an F-150 FX4 at the same time as our Explorer, and I wondered why on the F-150 only the amber "park lights" are on when I drive, and then the HID's come on at night (and I get flashed by every second vehicle I meet....)

.... As opposed to our Explorer Sport, which has DRL's and the lights are a sort of an "oily" colour as opposed to the high-intensity blue. Makes sense.

ya it seems silly that the sport does not have hid's, but easily fixed with some dealer cooperation. my sport should be built now and starting its way to ab.

My sport is somewhere in Minnesota now, and my eta has fallen from dec 3rd to nov 18-22. I could have her in a week.

I can't wait to take them lol

We'll, my dealer just told me they would not re-program the drl's to be like the limited so I can install the hid kits.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We'll, my dealer just told me they would not re-program the drl's to be like the limited so I can install the hid kits.

I think in Canuckastan its a liability issue for the dealership.

See if another non Ford garage with an IDS tool can do it for you.

Back