2014 sport ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 sport ordered

RidetheRock-That's why Fords base price for the Sport is higher than the Limited- you get some tint and letters on the hood and give up HIDs. Can you say profit margin? Enjoy your Ex.

Good choice on the Husky Liners - They do cover more carpet area and it is a softer rubber instead of a harder one, feels a little better under your feet. When you take them out to clean watch out for those little nibs, they will take your skin with them but they do stay in place. Been using them since '98, still made in the Midwest (USA) and not overseas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to try a few other dealers when it gets in. Also, turns out some manufacturers of hid kits offer a drl specific relay that will trigger at the reduced voltage of drl's. This could work fine, but I'm wondering if the explorer uses low or high beam shutter position for drl's. If it's high, that could be an issue.

RidetheRock-That's why Fords base price for the Sport is higher than the Limited- you get some tint and letters on the hood and give up HIDs. Can you say profit margin? Enjoy your Ex.

Good choice on the Husky Liners - They do cover more carpet area and it is a softer rubber instead of a harder one, feels a little better under your feet. When you take them out to clean watch out for those little nibs, they will take your skin with them but they do stay in place. Been using them since '98, still made in the Midwest (USA) and not overseas.

Do you think that maybe the EcoBoost Twin Turbo engine might also affect the base price of the SPORT over the LIMITED?

The SPORT brakes are also 30% larger.

The SPORT also has two steel cross supports that the LIMITED doesnt have.

The cooling system is larger and more heavy duty.

All that stuff adds up.

Do you think that maybe the EcoBoost Twin Turbo engine might also affect the base price of the SPORT over the LIMITED?

The SPORT brakes are also 30% larger.

The SPORT also has two steel cross supports that the LIMITED doesnt have.

The cooling system is larger and more heavy duty.

All that stuff adds up.

SGT1411; My Limited was ordered with the tow package; larger brakes, tranny cooler, the larger cooling system, and if you are talking about the braces going from fender well to firewall gottem, heated and cooled seats etc.--everything but the EcoBoost.

All I was saying for the price range HIDs should be standard equipment not an option.

I agree with you 100% HIDs should be standard for that kinda money.

The Limited with Tow does get an upgraded cooling system from non Tow package, but SPORT system is even more robust given the EcoBoost.

The SPORT has Interceptor brakes that you cannot order on the Limited

The brace I was referring too are under third row seat and the Limited doesn't have that bracing. The brace in the engine compartment that goes strut to strut is different in the SPORT as its 37% stiffer then Limited.

Just more expensive performance upgrades vs luxury in the Limited.

The Limited with Tow does get an upgraded cooling system from non Tow package, but SPORT system is even more robust given the EcoBoost.

The brace I was referring too are under third row seat and the Limited doesn't have that bracing. The brace in the engine compartment that goes strut to strut is different in the SPORT as its 37% stiffer then Limited.

Well said Sgt1411- Had dealer install Interceptor rotors and calipers in exchange for 2 more sales at dealership. I'll be in Tempe AZ. soon thru spring training enjoy the weather in Goodyear. You are right about the brakes not an option.

Wow you got a good dealer to do that for you. I wanted to do that for my Limited too.

Decided just to order a 14 SPORT and get everything.

My sport is now only 430 km away from me. Any time now.

Glad you will get it before it snows, hate to see take the first drive in salted slush - Happy motoring.

I'm in northern Alberta. Snow is already here and it's -30c wind chill. Good news is its so cold slush is not an issue. It was 50 degs c warmer when I ordered the thing lol.

Ridetherock: Did your order arrive today? I'm interested to see how timely these things are. My original estimate was 12/3. Car was built 11/13. Still sitting in Chicago awaiting shipping. Delivery moved up to 11/27, yet it didn't even leave yet! Ack!
Jcb

Dealer said the vehicle will be in town thursday (tomorrow or today depending on what time you read this post) weather permitting. the last leg of her journey is one of the most dangerous stretches of highway in north america so they won't bring it up here in bad weather. unless i get a call before fri morning to get her, it may be a few days before i take delivery as i am out of town for the weekend. if its here tomorrow that puts it at two weeks to get the 3000km from Chicago to Northern Alberta..

Also, don't forget the Sport comes with a much beefier version of the transmission.

I never herd from the dealer today so I thought IDE drop by the dealer to see if she came in. Sure enough there she is, probably only just offloaded in the last few hours based on no snow on her.

The dealers closed now and no one is around that I can see and she's sitting there in -30 temps with the passenger window down. Seriously.

i went back to the lot an hour later and the windows is still down and the place is empty. Good thing its not snowing or raining. can't wait to hear what my salesman says about this in the morning after listening to the voice mail i left. i realize nothings going to hurt, the cold is the cold if the window is up or down, but...come on.

im guessing they might just try and say its the car hauler's fault. can anyone shed some light on what is suppose to happen when new vehicles are dropped off to the lot even if its after hours....shouldn't someone from the dealer be there as well to accept the vehicles and at least look at them long enough to see if the windows are up?

photo-L.jpg

If the vehicle was just dropped off I would bet it's the car haulers fault!
If this vehicle has already been PDI'd then the dealers fault.

That looks like mine, Riderock. Can't wait. Id be really upset if they left the window down!! Gosh.

And coming from Arizona...that place looks ridiculously cold. I mean, I'm shivering looking at that picture.

I never herd from the dealer today so I thought IDE drop by the dealer to see if she came in. Sure enough there she is, probably only just offloaded in the last few hours based on no snow on her.

The dealers closed now and no one is around that I can see and she's sitting there in -30 temps with the passenger window down. Seriously.

i went back to the lot an hour later and the windows is still down and the place is empty. Good thing its not snowing or raining. can't wait to hear what my salesman says about this in the morning after listening to the voice mail i left. i realize nothings going to hurt, the cold is the cold if the window is up or down, but...come on.

im guessing they might just try and say its the car hauler's fault. can anyone shed some light on what is suppose to happen when new vehicles are dropped off to the lot even if its after hours....shouldn't someone from the dealer be there as well to accept the vehicles and at least look at them long enough to see if the windows are up?

photo-L.jpg

Hi Ridetherock,

I've checked on the status of your vehicle, and I don't see it as delivered in my system. It could be yours, but I'm not sure yet. I tried contacting the sales manager at your dealership to inquire about it and advise them to close the window. I have not been able to get in touch with them but will try again in an hour, around 12:00 PM EST.

Bianca

Thanks again for the assistance.

It's mine. I dropped into the dealer this morning and told em to close the window. I also had a look inside and luckily all we had last night was extreme cold temps, not a snowflake got inside and she is still plastic wrapped. They appeared genuinely unaware and I guess it was the car haulers fault.

I decided to go out of town for the weekend and wait till Monday or Tuesday to pick it up since by then the temps will be -4 instead of -34 it was this morning, much more pleasant to inspect the vehicle before signing everything. Im also have them installing window visors, mud flaps, roof rack bars and bumper protector.

I cant believe you were so calm about it, I would have lost my nut over that.

Thats a $50,000+ vehicle left overnight with the window open in Fort McMurray (one of the coldest places on earth)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

getting pissed off at a car dealer in ft mac gets you nowhere, there is so much money here that dealers just do not care.

i spent all weekend running around Edmonton looking for a set of 18" steel rims and tires, these things are almost impossible to find up here now in stock. managed to find a dealer that had a set of 4 rims, and goodyear ultra grip ice wrt tires. they were not my first choice, but my only choice. should be a nice winter tire, i just have not used em before.

i never bothered with wheel sensors as they are useless on all our work fords when the temps drop way down. i can live with a light on for a few months.

Going to head down to the dealer in the morning and see if she is ready to bring home.

Back