2014 sport ordered | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 sport ordered

LOL.... So like me!

I posted on my Facebook this morning "My Ex is born today.... Can't wait to meet her ;)".... Friends and family of both mine and my wifes were freaking out until one of my friends posted this "*in the voice of Sam Elliot* "Trucks aren't born, they're Forged in Fire""!!

Atleast SOMEONE got it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Our Sport just arrived this afternoon! Wasn't supposed to get here until the 10th so this was great news. Will get to see it for the first time tomorrow morning before any dealer prep is done...hoping to not find any issues!

LOL.... So like me!

I posted on my Facebook this morning "My Ex is born today.... Can't wait to meet her ;)".... Friends and family of both mine and my wifes were freaking out until one of my friends posted this "*in the voice of Sam Elliot* "Trucks aren't born, they're Forged in Fire""!!

Atleast SOMEONE got it!

I know, Im like "C'mon Man!, anyone can have a kid.....not everybody gets to have an Explorer SPORT"

I've got to find the block heater cable on this thing tonight. she just barely started its so cold.

I've got to find the block heater cable on this thing tonight. she just barely started its so cold.

I'm having the same dilemma!!! Did you find it?? If so let me know where.. I'm starting to think they forgot to install it haha

Here are a few so far!

photo-17_zps72386a4a.jpg

photo-14_zps3839b383.jpg

[
photo-15_zps2c61b78c.jpg

In the garage now. Warm weather here in sunny Arizona. It rained! We only get 10 inches of rain a year, and it rained the day I picked her up. The luck!

I'm having the same dilemma!!! Did you find it?? If so let me know where.. I'm starting to think they forgot to install it haha

Its tucked in tight at the top of the radiator, kind of folded back on itself with a clip holding the plug end. Plug has a plastic cover over the copper male ends.

Its tucked in tight at the top of the radiator, kind of folded back on itself with a clip holding the plug end. Plug has a plastic cover over the copper male ends.

Thanks for the reply. Your new Explorer is a Sport, right? I have looked all over the rad, and can't find it :scratch:

Starting to worry our didn't come with one! lol

Look for this around top of radiator over on passenger side of hood area

(lost photo)

Look for this around top of radiator over on passenger side of hood area

Thanks for posting that. Is that from your 13' Explorer? Or your Sport (do you have your Sport yet? I thought you had mentioned you had ordered one?).

The engine compartment looks totally different on ours (ie; we have no hose running next to the washer fluid reservoir like yours has), definitely no block heater cord in that spot on ours. I'm seriously starting to worry that they forgot the block heater on ours. Going to pull our build sheet and see.

Yes your right thats my Limited in the photo.

I was told ALL Canadian vehicles get the block heater but you may be correct with the SPORT. There is apparently what's called "Canadian content" thats standard options on all vehicles shipped to the land of $5/gasoline and tax on tax.

I thought the block heater was one of those items but you may be correct in suggesting they deleted that content on Canadian SPORT model's

Ok so I spoke to someone at CAP about the Canadian content. He advised that the block heater is a dealer requested option NOT a standard Canadian content feature.

Probably 95% of Canadian vehicle get them apparently along with US/Canadian Fleet customers.

On the Interceptor Order Guide its an option to select.

Ok so I spoke to someone at CAP about the Canadian content. He advised that the block heater is a dealer requested option NOT a standard Canadian content feature.

Probably 95% of Canadian vehicle get them apparently along with US/Canadian Fleet customers.

On the Interceptor Order Guide its an option to select.

Thanks for the intel! It was ordered and forgotten on ours, according to Ford. Just waiting for the parts to come in and they are going to install one.

Matt

Back