2015 XLT to Sport appearance project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 XLT to Sport appearance project

Boss302R

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Taco
We picked up a used 2015, i have decided to go ahead and go for the sport look, The blacked out accent pieces just look to good to pass up!!

For now im starting with the easy tailights, then move to headlights, grill, etc etc, wheels im not sure if ill go for the stock sport wheels or some other black wheels in 20" or 22" will have to do some photoshop to see what will look good.

35418960-F19F-42FC-A640-4110A3A9CC1E_zps1aohuzf7.jpg

BBE04FA4-E017-4F86-9703-891C15F16334_zps4kde0qa1.jpg

86962E2D-1602-4E75-B3F7-13CFE4E8345D_zps4sqeuxbw.jpg

9AB88BA5-1893-47F2-83E6-E06AB8D73569_zpsccpzj5mq.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. What's with the the fuel filler door? I see that the fender trim of the right rear has been removed. That wasn't connected to the tail light project was it?

Peter

Nice X!
Where did you bought the tail light tint?
I like it!

Welcome to the Forum Skyrock.:wavey:
Do you have a 5th generation Explorer? If so, please add the year and model to your profile so it shows in the margin. It could help members in addressing any future concerns. Thanks.

Peter

I ended up buying sport tails from eBay and selling my stock ones, same goes for the headlights, just put headlights on last night and removed the grill, grill is on order, so it will be grill less for now, will get pics tomorrow

Thanks Peter!
Good job, very nice with the Sport accessories!!

Thanks for the update but you haven't added the model. Is it Base, XLT, Limited.

Peter

Can you please message him Instead, why hijack this thread to explain someone how to edit their profile?

Should have just bought a sport to same some trouble :)

I didn't realize how much more red the stock tails are then the sport..same goes for the headlights and the black look

Should have just bought a sport to same some trouble :)

I didn't realize how much more red the stock tails are then the sport..same goes for the headlights and the black look

I'm making it for my wife, she hates leather, sport only came in leather from what I know and she doesn't care for the turbo. This is really fun for me, plus I already sold one taillight and the stock grill haha

Next week black grill will be on

Looking good Boss tho it does seem to be the *hard* way to have the Sport look;) I think I read here somewhere that the stock sport rims are $714. each with no tires. Ouch. I do have the take off sport rims/tires with less than 1500 miles on them. I'm in SoCal but your sig doesn't indicate where you are. Based on the trees (no palm trees in pics) your somewhere in the south but not deep south, no Spanish moss:D I haven't advertised them yet but Will be asking $2200. plus shipping complete. Just a thought. Keep up the mods, I always like to see personalized cars:thumbsup:

Where did you get your black grill from and how much did you $$ if I can ask?

Chill noobie, Peter is a 'moderator', and was not hijacking the thread! He was replying to 'Skyrock'.

Nice changes. :thumbsup:
...I had a Boss302

frank

Can you please message him Instead, why hijack this thread to explain someone how to edit their profile?

Nice changes, but costly without the HP of the sport ;)

finished her up today, it was a fun project lol

-sport grill
-sport headlights
-sport taillights
-plasti dip rear chrome trim
-explorer hood letters
-gold plated calipers front and rear
-20" black wheels
-265/50 tires
-mud flaps
-OEM trailer hitch
-OEM 7 pin trailer wiring

IMG_6809_zpsukvr5alf.jpg

IMG_6800_zpsykafj2uq.jpg

IMG_6803_zpsfhbglzac.jpg

IMG_6805_zps2yabf6ig.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you plasti dip the back trim part or actually buy the whole piece?

Back