2016 Explore Limited mirrors issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explore Limited mirrors issue

I bookmarked this thread last week, and mine started doing this today, passenger side went all the way up, then all the way down, then came back to where it should be...foreshadowing...

My 2016 limited has been doing this for sometime now. Just followed the directions
My 2016 Explorer Limited starting doing this over a year ago. I googled and tried everything to fix it and gave up when I read a thread where someone had their dealer fix by replacing the mirrors. I tried one last thing yesterday that was noted in this post on "unlinking" you key fob and it fixed it. Yesterday was the first day in a long time where my mirrors didn't go crazy click-click-click-click!! and i was so happy :):):) I have three memory settings and "unlinked" the key fob on all three just in case.

Here's what I did:
1. start the engine
2. hold the memory setting button down until it beeps once.... keep holding it down until it beeps one more time (this is critical and what i didn't do a year ago... it has to beep a second time before letting go!) for approx 5 sec..
3. press the unlock button on the key fob within 5 seconds of step 2.

I repeated the above steps on all three memory buttons as well as both key fobs.
Again- this fix was mentioned above by peterk9 so he gets all the credit for my happiness!
I hope this can fix others that are going crazy over their mirrors!
My 2016 limited has been doing this for sometime now. Just followed your directions and all seems to be working fine now. Thank you so much.

Back