2016 Explorer sport order almost 15 weeks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer sport order almost 15 weeks?

Nirmal

Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Territories
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi Guys, :salute:

I am a newbie to this forum and to car ownership actually. This my first car ever and was so excited to make the order I was planning on getting the car in a different province in Canada so that I can make a road trip out of it with some buddies. The order was placed 31st of December the dealer said 8 to 10 weeks but I gave it 13 weeks just to be safe and booked tickets to fly and pick up the vehicle during Easter weekend.

I got the VIN number only close to the end of February and the ETA was set to 23rd March. All seemed well when suddenly the ETA was changed from 23rd March to 29th March and now my whole plan is messed up. I have seen a lot of people order their vehicles in this same forum and get it 6 to 8 weeks, any idea why it's taking about 15 weeks for me?

Thanks for your responses! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Guys, :salute:

I am a newbie to this forum and to car ownership actually. This my first car ever and was so excited to make the order I was planning on getting the car in a different province in Canada so that I can make a road trip out of it with some buddies. The order was placed 31st of December the dealer said 8 to 10 weeks but I gave it 13 weeks just to be safe and booked tickets to fly and pick up the vehicle during Easter weekend.

I got the VIN number only close to the end of February and the ETA was set to 23rd March. All seemed well when suddenly the ETA was changed from 23rd March to 29th March and now my whole plan is messed up. I have seen a lot of people order their vehicles in this same forum and get it 6 to 8 weeks, any idea why it's taking about 15 weeks for me?

Thanks for your responses! :)
Welcome aboard.:salute:
To plan anything on the delivery date is a bit of a gamble at the best of times. Dates can change quickly as you found out. Much has to do with the availability of rail cars that pick the vehicle up at the Chicago plant. The plant also is closed for a period of time for the Christmas holidays. There are also members that have waited several months to get their Explorers.
Where is the Ex being delivered to?
Good luck.

Peter

Welcome aboard.:salute:
To plan anything on the delivery date is a bit of a gamble at the best of times. Dates can change quickly as you found out. Much has to do with the availability of rail cars that pick the vehicle up at the Chicago plant. The plant also is closed for a period of time for the Christmas holidays. There are also members that have waited several months to get their Explorers.
Where is the Ex being delivered to?
Good luck.

Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter! The explorer is being delivered to Toronto. I think pick up probably was not the issue, I have no idea what it was but as per the window sticker the build only started today! Hopefully the ETA does not change again and I do not have to change my trip plans again.

Thanks for the reply Peter! The explorer is being delivered to Toronto. I think pick up probably was not the issue, I have no idea what it was but as per the window sticker the build only started today! Hopefully the ETA does not change again and I do not have to change my trip plans again.
The build only takes a few hours. That will be quite a trip back to the NWT from Toronto. Hope you and the dealer gives it a good inspection. I think you'll likely have to fill the tank a few times. I think it is only a 70 L tank.

Peter

The build only takes a few hours. That will be quite a trip back to the NWT from Toronto. Hope you and the dealer gives it a good inspection. I think you'll likely have to fill the tank a few times. I think it is only a 70 L tank.

Peter

It sure will be quite a trip! planning to get the oil changed in between too! :)

Not to make your waiting game anymore painful, but there can be further delays at the train yard; after its built.
Yes, this beast of a vehicle has a puny 70L gas tank.

Back