• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer Gasket hanging

Russ Hernandez

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clara California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
First timer on the forum. I went to grab the newspaper under the car and noticed a rubber gasket hanging from the bottom of the under carriage of my 2016 Ford Explorer. It has only 8000 miles on it and was service only one time at the dealership for a oil change. I'm not sure what gasket this serves. I have a appointment next week to bring in the vehicle. I'm assuming this is covered and is under warranty. Any Ideas on what it serves? I attached a picture. Thanks Russ

IMG_3783.PNG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 16 has the same - I believe it's from the mount - not sure if its just rubber "flashing" that has fallen off though or if it is indicative of something more sinister...

Welcome to the Forum Russ.:wave:
I don't think it anything to worry about but wouldn't hurt to have it checked out next time your at the dealer. Is this a new Explorer 2016 that has been on the lot a while? If so, is that why they did a \n oil change? Happy motoring.

Peter

Hi Peter, No. This car was purchased in August of 2016 brand new.It had about 5500 miles on it when it went in for service. Oil change/ filter, brakes check . Routine service that the dealer provides. Im hoping it's just a quick fix. Thanks for responding to my question. Russ

I believe it is excess rubber from the mount center (poured over the sides of the metal and now it is pulling away). Like others have stated, not a bad idea to have it looked at.
bbwb

Hi Peter, No. This car was purchased in August of 2016 brand new.It had about 5500 miles on it when it went in for service. Oil change/ filter, brakes check . Routine service that the dealer provides. Im hoping it's just a quick fix. Thanks for responding to my question. Russ
I was going by your statement that said it only had 8 miles on it.:)

Peter

Oops. Your right Peter. My bad. It has 8000 miles on it. Thanks Russ.

That makes more sense Russ. Your initial post has been updated.

Back