• Register Today It's free!

2016 ford explorer platinum Help!

Lexus37

Reaction score
City, State
Milan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 ford explorer platin
Hello I'm new . I just bought a 2016 ford explorer platinum and am having all kinds of problems with it. It started with the Collision sensors warning sign blocked coming on Then the check engine light came on came on and the cruise control would shut off in the warning light for the cruise control sensor being blocked came on. The 2nd row of seats one side of the car seat didn't heat. I took it in to be checked and they found the spark plugs 3 or 4 spark plugs were fractured they fixed that that picked it up And within 20 minutes of driving off the lot yeah slot sensors started going off in the car when I wasn't even close to a car then the check engine light came back on The tire pressure warning came on and the pressure on the tires were going up-and-down and down it just seems a hot mouse if anybody has any suggestion as to help I'd appreciate it edit this car is a 2016 Ford Explorer platinum with a 140000 miles on it when purchased

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello I'm new . I just bought a 2016 ford explorer platinum and am having all kinds of problems with it. It started with the Collision sensors warning sign blocked coming on Then the check engine light came on came on and the cruise control would shut off in the warning light for the cruise control sensor being blocked came on. The 2nd row of seats one side of the car seat didn't heat. I took it in to be checked and they found the spark plugs 3 or 4 spark plugs were fractured they fixed that that picked it up And within 20 minutes of driving off the lot yeah slot sensors started going off in the car when I wasn't even close to a car then the check engine light came back on The tire pressure warning came on and the pressure on the tires were going up-and-down and down it just seems a hot mouse if anybody has any suggestion as to help I'd appreciate it edit this car is a 2016 Ford Explorer platinum with a 140000 miles on it when purchased
Welcome to the forum! Check out the 5th generation section here: 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer 5th Generation Explorer

Moved to fifth gen section.
Welcome to the forum.

A bad battery can cause all sorts of errors like that. Can you not take it back to where you bought it so they can load-test the battery and measure the charging voltage of the alternator? Sounds like they sold you something knowing it had issues.

Welcome to the Forum Lexus37. :wave:
For someone who only drives about 2600 miles a year, that seems like a to of mileage. I concur with what texsn95 mentioned. A bad or failing battery should be ruled out before delving into other possibilities. I'm not sure what fractured spark plugs would have to do with the issues you mentioned. Did you get any warranty with the vehicle? Considering the mileage, I would also suggest that you have the dealer look up the service history to see if the water pump was ever replaced. Water pump failure leads to dead engine Good luck and please report back.

Peter

You didn't take it for a test drive?
Yes I did and it was fine. I did take it back to the dealer and this is the second time they have had it for 2 days each time. It is there now . Hopefully they will figure out what is going on with it 😥

Welcome to the Forum Lexus37. :wave:
For someone who only drives about 2600 miles a year, that seems like a to of mileage. I concur with what texsn95 mentioned. A bad or failing battery should be ruled out before delving into other possibilities. I'm not sure what fractured spark plugs would have to do with the issues you mentioned. Did you get any warranty with the vehicle? Considering the mileage, I would also suggest that you have the dealer look up the service history to see if the water pump was ever replaced. Water pump failure leads to dead engine Good luck

I did find out that the water pump was replaced before I bought it by the dealer. 20 minutes after driving it off the lot for the second time the collision Sensor came on and said it was blocked.. The cruise control again Warning came on and said the cruise control was blocked.. Then and the low tire warning came on and said I had a low tire it would go tire but it would go from 31 to 32 to 27 so it was all over the place . Then on my way home the check engine light came on. I took it back to the dealer or and they have had it now for 2 days they say they are checking everything. I pray that's true.

I hope they start with the battery.

Back