2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

VIN Issued!

I just got word that my vehicle has been assigned a VIN# and that it has a Priority 10 code (which would seem to be good news from the earlier and very informative posts here). Anyone been given an estimated delivery date yet? Excited to see one of these puppies......

Order Confirmation Number

Help, dealer told me they ordered me a new Explorer Platinum two months ago but cannot provide a vehicle order confirmation number or any production information, told me my deposit ($1000) was nonrefundable. What should I do?

Help, dealer told me they ordered me a new Explorer Platinum two months ago but cannot provide a vehicle order confirmation number or any production information, told me my deposit ($1000) was nonrefundable. What should I do?

$1,000? Non-refundable? That sounds like a one-sided deal.

If you don't want to wait any longer, choose another vehicle such as the Sport. Since the car you ordered doesn't even have a VIN yet, no reason you can't do so. If they give you a hassle, remind them the affect social media can have on them. Sounds like a dealer to stay away from in the future.

Wow, this is officially the first window sticker I've seen online. It looks like this car is being built next Monday, 7-27. So we should start seeing the Platinums on lots by the end of August.

I'm really not going to cry over Sync 3 because I think it looks very plain compared to MFT. Yes it may be quicker, but it really looks basic.

This is excellent news!

However, I did see a huge "SPECIAL ORDER" designation printed on this window sticker, so perhaps it's being built for a Ford executive or the owner of a huge Ford dealership somewhere.

Thanks for sharing this discovery!

Not necessarily for an exec. I checked my sticker for my sport which is being built next week as well and it says the same thing. It just might mean that someone's order is finally being built so it is very likely the Platinum's are coming in August folks.
This is my sticker:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FM5K8GT3GGA39693

Special Order just means its for a specific customer not dealership inventory

We will see when 1st rolls off line.

But since Sync 3 has not been announced by Ford on the Platinum Ex, it would make sense that they would not release it via a pre-build window sticker. Sticker can be updated; they could also build and hold a bit till they are ready to ship and announce.

Back to the waiting game.:salute:

Thanks for the info everyone. I've been talking to my local dealer since May about ordering a 2016 Explorer Platinum, and they kept telling me they didn't know when they would be able to place orders. When I provided them with the link to the window sticker found in this thread they did some digging and got back to me saying they can finally place orders! I'm heading there today. Planning to order one in the Guard color with ebony interior and the captains chairs in the second row. I qualify for X Plan pricing so expecting to come in right around $50K.

Thanks for the info everyone. I've been talking to my local dealer since May about ordering a 2016 Explorer Platinum, and they kept telling me they didn't know when they would be able to place orders. When I provided them with the link to the window sticker found in this thread they did some digging and got back to me saying they can finally place orders! I'm heading there today. Planning to order one in the Guard color with ebony interior and the captains chairs in the second row. I qualify for X Plan pricing so expecting to come in right around $50K.

One of the users here recently said that ebony interior Platinums won't be built until December. Let us know what the dealership says when you place your order since it says "late availability" on the order guide.

One of the users here recently said that ebony interior Platinums won't be built until December. Let us know what the dealership says when you place your order since it says "late availability" on the order guide.

You might as well wait for a 17 if it will take that long.

But won't it be about a year from now before you can order a 17 model??

But won't it be about a year from now before you can order a 17 model??

Interesting question; I don't know if the Platinum will fall in line with the other models and end around April-May? By December, 16 production will be 8 months into the model year.

Interesting question; I don't know if the Platinum will fall in line with the other models and end around April-May? By December, 16 production will be 8 months into the model year.

Which is why I think that the black leather should come out by October if the the gray is coming out in August. That to me would make more sense but who knows.

Well,
I know absolutely nothing about auto marketing strategies but it seems to me bringing the 16 model out now is a great ploy by Ford to maximize Job 1 for greater than a year and maximize profits. And this isn't mean't to be negative, I think it's a great idea. Build sales and determine the things that need improvement. Of course, it could also be a way of using up old parts.
Either way, I prefer the looks (and incremental improvements) of the 16.

JMHO,

TW

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I didn't make it to the dealership today, will try again tomorrow. However I did notice that Ford has completely updated their "configuration" application on their website, and when you get to the interior the only option available for the Platinum is "Nirvana Leather, Ebony Black".

Back