2017 Ford Explorer XLT Price Paid... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Ford Explorer XLT Price Paid...

BZJam

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
I just got a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with sport appearance package, 202a, towing and XLT tech package MSRP of $41,410 discounted $3900 +$250 rebate since I took the special APR. Initially the sales person came out with $1000 discounted and $750 rebate. After of 3 hours of saying no they came with the final offer. Now time to spruce her up a bit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum BZJam.:wave:

Peter

What was your APR?

.9% for 60 months.

That is awesome on a 2017. I was just playing on edmunds and they are showing 0% which surprises me. I typically have found Edmunds to be accurate! I hope this rate stays good for another few weeks. My credit rocks so im not too concerned there.

They had 0 for 48 but not 60 on the 2017's. On the 2016's they had 0 for 60. I looked on TrueCar and saw their graph and looked at the lowest price someone bought an Explorer with my configuration. I figured if someone else got that deal I should be able to get it also. I called every dealer in town and 2 said yes. One was closer.

Which dealer was it? We just bought or '17 Sport at Friendly up in Crosby today.

Congrats BZJam, you got a better deal than we did. Our sticker was nearly $46,000 (on a 2017 XLT w/sport appearance package) and we walked away paying about $42,500 and we were happy. And you got a better APR than us, too.

Probably could have shopped a bit more, but I don't have the greatest poker face when it comes to cars I want. haha

Just purchased a 2017 XLT with 2.3L echo-boost, 201A options, and XLT tech bundle. MSRP $38,272. Paid $35,357-$1250 in rebates AND 0.9% for 60 mo. $34,107 after the rebates.

Just purchased a 2017 XLT with 2.3L echo-boost, 201A options, and XLT tech bundle. MSRP $38,272. Paid $35,357-$1250 in rebates AND 0.9% for 60 mo. $34,107 after the rebates.
Welcome to the Forum,:wave:

Peter

When you guys start negotiations does the dealership come down any? I'm looking for a 2017 but dealers don't want to come down much just about 1k at most where I live here in Texas. Any tips on how to get them to come down?

When you guys start negotiations does the dealership come down any? I'm looking for a 2017 but dealers don't want to come down much just about 1k at most where I live here in Texas. Any tips on how to get them to come down?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I find that usually they come down around 3k without much hassle.

Peter

Just thought I would put this here. Think I got a great deal. 2017 Explorer XLT, appearance package, basically every upgrade beside engine and 2nd row bucket seats. MSRP 45900. Got it for 39200. Good deal on GAP insurance and 7 year 100k warranty (after I showed him quotes from online). All in all a good deal.

Just thought I would put this here. Think I got a great deal. 2017 Explorer XLT, appearance package, basically every upgrade beside engine and 2nd row bucket seats. MSRP 45900. Got it for 39200. Good deal on GAP insurance and 7 year 100k warranty (after I showed him quotes from online). All in all a good deal.

Great deal! Congrats! Way better than what we got. It looks exactly like ours. (I'm assuming tow package, sunroof and panoramic view roof, etc.)

Anyone in Texas that's gotten a good deal? Can you share your price and dealership where you got it? Trying to get a good deal on a 17 explorer with appearance package too

Thanks

Ok how did the guy above get 3900 off plus 250 if Edumds.com is showing me that the TMV of the explorer with appearance package and just the voice navigation is $38,786?

Ok how did the guy above get 3900 off plus 250 if Edumds.com is showing me that the TMV of the explorer with appearance package and just the voice navigation is $38,786?
Unless you are referring to a post directly above yours, please quote the member you are talking about so we don't have to scroll through the various posts. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably a combination of dealer discounts and rebates. I just picked up my '17 Sport w/401A+Moonroof for 4K under MSRP.

Back