2016 / 2017 quotes I've received | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 / 2017 quotes I've received

Well let's keep the separation clear.
It's totally different in America, and it definitely sucks for those north of the border. The reason seems crystal clear to me. Either your dealerships can not buy inventory because of poor sales and/or low allocation, or they refuse to stock inventory, or they simply can't import more allocation to sell.
Come down to the states, and you will see Explorers by the rows. My dealer probably has 60 17's in stock right now.

Here in the States, anyone paying more than invoice is paying too much.
Paying "cash" really has no extra motivation on the dealer side.
It's about being ready to buy "immediately". Bringing your checkbook means that a commitment is ready to happen right now, and "that" is something that motivates a dealer to close before you walk.
I am sure dealers would rather have their customers finance, so they can get a percentage back from the bank.

Even volume dealers can't get enough in, as a matter of fact not one dealership in all of Ontario can keep up with demand on hot sellers.
Ex: 2016 Honda Pilot Touring has a 3month waiting time, Subaru WRX has a 6month waiting time, BMW M2 has a 6+ months waiting time and so on.

Good luck to anyone trying to offer anything remote close to invoice.LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like an import thing.
There are so many Explorers, Pilots and Grand Wagoneers/Durangos, and Acadia/Traverse class vehicles on the lots around here, my Canadian friends wouldn't believe it. It's buyers market n the USA.

If inventory is that tight in Canada, then I clearly get your negotiating challenges.
That just sucks..

I was looking for a 2017 Ruby Red Platinum, but none here in Atlanta with Cream seats and 2nd row bucket seats. I found one in TN northeast of Knoxville, and dealership is having it sent down on truck this week. It's supposed to be ready for pick up on Wed or Thurs!! Paying X-Plan, so I'm getting a great deal on a new unit.

Replacing my 2010 Expedition with 146,300 miles on the clock....it's been an awesome ride, so I hope I enjoy this one just as much.

Andy.

Here in Texas, I've been getting offers with discounts of $3,000 and $3,400 off of a 2017 Sport with 401a, 2nd row buckets and a moonroof. This is in addition to the incentives. We are just not able to find one in the right color for her (black) at the dealer with the best price. She test drove it and now she has the itch to buy.

I am live in Ontario and I just ordered Limited with"
  • 301A
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Floor Mats
  • Dual moonroof
$53750 on road (Taxes, Lic, and everything else all included).

Good price for Canadians?

Is that using Ford's 72 month financing? My 'build' total comes to about $57,900. If those are the All Weather mats I would forget about them and buy the Husky or WeatherTech digital liners. They are vastly superior and the only ones I would use living here in Ontario. My preference is the Husky due to better coverage.

Peter

$53750 total cash. Floor Mats were 'kind of' free from the dealer. When they would not go below the $53750 price, I asked them to add the mats for free and they agreed.

$53750 total cash. Floor Mats were 'kind of' free from the dealer. When they would not go below the $53750 price, I asked them to add the mats for free and they agreed.
I got the dealer to throw in the splash guards and installation for free.

As a comparison, I walked out at $52K OTR for my 2016 Sport (2nd row buckets and dual panoroof); which included 3M clearshield viny wrap on the front (and 1 free oil change or $50 credit for service or parts).

$46,000 USD out the door after all fees and taxes (loaded 2017 Explorer Sport in smoked quartz, no bucket seats).

EDIT: Purchased in Canada for just under $60000 CAD out the door after taxes, which converts to $46k USD.

Is there by chance a list of dealers that sell for invoice?? -- I'm interested in a new explorer but the ones around me don't want to go to invoice.

Wow... interesting. Trying to parse out what exactly I ended up getting. It does seem like the Ford ESP Premium Care implies it's used by other manufacturers too like Audi?

Also what's the difference between Ford ESP PC+ and whatever Elite plan I got?

Thanks for the replies. The more I look at it, the more I think I'm going to get a 2017.

Still irritated that I can't get exactly what I want (ecoboost V6 and tan leather), but such is life.

Marketing people told me the lighter colors appeal to an older crowd, that older buyer is less likely to choose the Sport, hence the Platinum model for 16.

Not my words, theirs.

Marketing people told me the lighter colors appeal to an older crowd, that older buyer is less likely to choose the Sport, hence the Platinum model for 16.

Not my words, theirs.
Hey, that's me! :laugh:

Peter

Back