2017 Heated Seat Control Module Location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Heated Seat Control Module Location?

mckittrick

Reaction score
City, State
DOWNINGTOWN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Hello all,

I bought my Explorer a few months ago, it was just under 3 years old and off-lease. No issues at all, seemed brand new. After just 6 months of ownership, though, the heated seats don't work at all now -- both sides. I've done a lot of research and narrowed it down either to the engine-compartment fuse/distribution panel or a burned connector on the heated seat control module.

I checked the fuse and connectors on the distribution panel. No issues there. Years ago I used to buy an Alldata subscription for my vehicles but from what I can tell that level of true "shop manual" detail is a thing of the past on the Internet. I bought a subscription to Haynes but it was a joke compared to what I used to get. Anyway, from what I could tell there is a module labeled (in Haynes) "Drivers Seat Module" that has connectors C341A-F on it.

The problem is - I can't find it.

I looked under the driver's seat and there is one large connector that likely goes to the power seat controls, and I see some airbag connectors, but I see no module that has 6 connectors on it. I looked under the passenger's seat, too, but it's basically the same thing there.

So, first question in this quest to fix my heated seats - where the heck is this module that might have a burned connector?!

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This diagram was shown as being for an earlier year but perhaps it may still be relevant. C341A is in the lower left.

Peter

1606938598407.png

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This diagram was shown as being for an earlier year but perhaps it may still be relevant. C341A is in the lower left.

Peter

View attachment 325077
Peter -- thanks very much for that. I didn't see that much stuff under my driver's seat but I will look again.

Can I ask what system/software this diagram is from?

Peter -- thanks very much for that. I didn't see that much stuff under my driver's seat but I will look again.

It is from the Component View for 2011-2015 Explorers thread in the List of Useful Threads in the 'sticky' area at the beginning of this Discussion forum.

Peter

Curious if you found the module - I have the exact same problem...

Back