• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2017 ordering

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I won't order a vehicle unless there is a written deal in place. I'm surprised your dealer did. Perhaps they weren't too worried about it because they would just put the Explorer on the lot if you walked. Although it does seem that the dealer lived up to his end of the deal.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

McGeeski

Reaction score
City, State
Rockwood Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Escape 17 X Sport
Peter[/QUOTE]
Ahh, Milton, I think that is the place I was trying to think of. My 2011 Explorer came from Chicago by rail to a place just West of Toronto where it was transferred to a transport truck. Milton must be it!

Peter
They show up here by truck I think the train takes them to Brampton then they are trucked to Milton

hanoudi

Reaction score
City, State
Mississauga
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport 2017
Just ordered a Limited!! very excited! How long will I be waiting for?

I am in Ontario by the way.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Sudbury78

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer
Update: Paid my tab. Negotiated with my dealer after working a deal on a different color at another dealership last night. I'm content on the bottom line with my trade in and I'll pick her up Monday pm. Spent a few hours with her today. :)

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Update: Paid my tab. Negotiated with my dealer after working a deal on a different color at another dealership last night. I'm content on the bottom line with my trade in and I'll pick her up Monday pm. Spent a few hours with her today. :)

Good for you...... If you work a deal with someone else your original dealer will come around.... Car Salesmen are like sharks....... None of them like to miss a meal, and your the meal...... Glad it worked out for you..... Enjoy your X...... I have put 800 miles on mine and loving every minute...... Don't forget the pics........

Sudbury78

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer
how do we add pictures to this forum? I'm literally puzzled!

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
how do we add pictures to this forum? I'm literally puzzled!

I think you have to pay the 20.00 to be "Elite" member...... This is the first forum I have used that requires that..... I just linked to my fb page for the first and only time I posted pics......

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
The 'Elite' membership provides much more than being able to post pictures. It helps to keep this site up and running. Check out the other advantages http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades The $20 is much less than many spend on their vehicles and saved by getting help for certain issues.

Peter

SVT2059

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Hi, all!
I order a Limited, in Magnetic, about three weeks ago. We just got the build date, 12 Sept. It's pretty well loaded except for the twin panel moonroof. I'm not really a fan so I opted not to get it.
Last time I ordered an X, in 2013, in came in damaged. The rear passenger side door, it was actually welded on incorrectly, the door wasn't flush and the top of the door was sticking out! I'm not sure how that got missed during inspection and it was also missed when it got delivered to the dealer. The glass on the rear pillar was broken and interior pieces were scratched too. I refused it and it sat at their body shop for months while they tried to get Ford to pay for the repair. I was disappointed and ended up taking a Limited from the lot.

This go around, I'm hoping for a better outcome. :) Looks as if hanoudi and I will see ours about the same time, mid to late October. Can't wait!

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Well might as well start a tab and have a few cold ones while you wait........

JoeFed

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 X Sport Ruby Red
Hi,
just got an update, my X Sport should be at my dealer the 22 August, I hope they will call me as soon as it arrives or does it take a week or two to prep the car ?
Bartender...drinks for all!!!...

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hi,
just got an update, my X Sport should be at my dealer the 22 August, I hope they will call me as soon as it arrives or does it take a week or two to prep the car ?
Bartender...drinks for all!!!...
Prepping shouldn't take more than a couple of hours depending on how busy the dealer is.

Peter

Whickey24

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Most dealers should call you when it arrives so you can arrange a time to go and inspect it. Depending on what you find unacceptable (if anything) during your inspection may require sometime to correct.

Mattncsu

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Picked up our '17 Limited today. Ordered on 7/5. Built on 8/9.

I'm absolutely blown away by the difference in ride and interior quality over the 2006 Eddie Bauer I used to have.

SVT2059

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Congrats!
Maybe I missed it, what color?

Mattncsu

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Congrats!
Maybe I missed it, what color?

We went with White Platinum. I prefer black (my raptor is tuxedo black), but figured white would be a better option my wife.

I will say, the explorer does look stunning in white.

SVT2059

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
We went with White Platinum. I prefer black (my raptor is tuxedo black), but figured white would be a better option my wife.

Very nice. I like the white Platinum (see signature), it is pretty sharp. The Raptor, my favorite vehicle. Have you checked this out: http://www.runraptorrun.com/ ?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Congratulations. Don't forget to add it to your profile or signature. Thanks.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.