2017 ordering | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

I won't order a vehicle unless there is a written deal in place. I'm surprised your dealer did. Perhaps they weren't too worried about it because they would just put the Explorer on the lot if you walked. Although it does seem that the dealer lived up to his end of the deal.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter[/QUOTE]
Ahh, Milton, I think that is the place I was trying to think of. My 2011 Explorer came from Chicago by rail to a place just West of Toronto where it was transferred to a transport truck. Milton must be it!

Peter
They show up here by truck I think the train takes them to Brampton then they are trucked to Milton

Just ordered a Limited!! very excited! How long will I be waiting for?

I am in Ontario by the way.

Update: Paid my tab. Negotiated with my dealer after working a deal on a different color at another dealership last night. I'm content on the bottom line with my trade in and I'll pick her up Monday pm. Spent a few hours with her today. :)

Update: Paid my tab. Negotiated with my dealer after working a deal on a different color at another dealership last night. I'm content on the bottom line with my trade in and I'll pick her up Monday pm. Spent a few hours with her today. :)

Good for you...... If you work a deal with someone else your original dealer will come around.... Car Salesmen are like sharks....... None of them like to miss a meal, and your the meal...... Glad it worked out for you..... Enjoy your X...... I have put 800 miles on mine and loving every minute...... Don't forget the pics........

how do we add pictures to this forum? I'm literally puzzled!

how do we add pictures to this forum? I'm literally puzzled!

I think you have to pay the 20.00 to be "Elite" member...... This is the first forum I have used that requires that..... I just linked to my fb page for the first and only time I posted pics......

The 'Elite' membership provides much more than being able to post pictures. It helps to keep this site up and running. Check out the other advantages Dead Link Removed The $20 is much less than many spend on their vehicles and saved by getting help for certain issues.

Peter

Hi, all!
I order a Limited, in Magnetic, about three weeks ago. We just got the build date, 12 Sept. It's pretty well loaded except for the twin panel moonroof. I'm not really a fan so I opted not to get it.
Last time I ordered an X, in 2013, in came in damaged. The rear passenger side door, it was actually welded on incorrectly, the door wasn't flush and the top of the door was sticking out! I'm not sure how that got missed during inspection and it was also missed when it got delivered to the dealer. The glass on the rear pillar was broken and interior pieces were scratched too. I refused it and it sat at their body shop for months while they tried to get Ford to pay for the repair. I was disappointed and ended up taking a Limited from the lot.

This go around, I'm hoping for a better outcome. :) Looks as if hanoudi and I will see ours about the same time, mid to late October. Can't wait!

Well might as well start a tab and have a few cold ones while you wait........

Hi,
just got an update, my X Sport should be at my dealer the 22 August, I hope they will call me as soon as it arrives or does it take a week or two to prep the car ?
Bartender...drinks for all!!!...

Hi,
just got an update, my X Sport should be at my dealer the 22 August, I hope they will call me as soon as it arrives or does it take a week or two to prep the car ?
Bartender...drinks for all!!!...
Prepping shouldn't take more than a couple of hours depending on how busy the dealer is.

Peter

Most dealers should call you when it arrives so you can arrange a time to go and inspect it. Depending on what you find unacceptable (if anything) during your inspection may require sometime to correct.

Picked up our '17 Limited today. Ordered on 7/5. Built on 8/9.

I'm absolutely blown away by the difference in ride and interior quality over the 2006 Eddie Bauer I used to have.

Congrats!
Maybe I missed it, what color?

Congrats!
Maybe I missed it, what color?

We went with White Platinum. I prefer black (my raptor is tuxedo black), but figured white would be a better option my wife.

I will say, the explorer does look stunning in white.

We went with White Platinum. I prefer black (my raptor is tuxedo black), but figured white would be a better option my wife.

Very nice. I like the white Platinum (see signature), it is pretty sharp. The Raptor, my favorite vehicle. Have you checked this out: http://www.runraptorrun.com/ ?

Congratulations. Don't forget to add it to your profile or signature. Thanks.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back