Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
03/14/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
04/14/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
06/06/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any info out yet about the 2017's? My 2015 Sport lease is up mid-August. Want to start figuring out next vehicle.

Any info out yet about the 2017's? My 2015 Sport lease is up mid-August. Want to start figuring out next vehicle.
Seeing as how can order one on March 14th, I would imagine that there would be some news on them before then. I wouldn't expect too many, if any, changes since the 2018 will be a redesigned model. If the U.S. is the same as here, you can extend your current lease provided you have an order in for the 2017.

Peter

Seeing as how can order one on March 14th, I would imagine that there would be some news on them before then. I wouldn't expect too many, if any, changes since the 2018 will be a redesigned model. If the U.S. is the same as here, you can extend your current lease provided you have an order in for the 2017.

Peter

Thank you Peter. I was hoping 2017 was the redesign! While I love my 2015 Sport - I can't stand the headlights - worst on any car I have driven, and that goes back a long ways!

Thank you Peter. I was hoping 2017 was the redesign! While I love my 2015 Sport - I can't stand the headlights - worst on any car I have driven, and that goes back a long ways!

The 2016 LED Headlights are a huge improvement over our 2011 halogen headlights. My 16 sport did not come with the LED fog lamps, but the $30 Amazon LED bulbs work great too.

That's why many of us bought the Diode Dynamics HID upgrade kit for our Sport's.

If you want the OEM look it's the 4300K kit with Hylux CANBUS ballasts.

Huge improvement over the 13-15 Sport's Halogen headlights.

Just ordered a 2016 Platinum but seeing the 17s are just a few months away does anyone have an idea on how the price will change from 16 to 17. If cost was similar I would consider cancelling the current order and getting the 17 in the Spring. Thanks for any info, John

That's why many of us bought the Diode Dynamics HID upgrade kit for our Sport's.

If you want the OEM look it's the 4300K kit with Hylux CANBUS ballasts.

Huge improvement over the 13-15 Sport's Halogen headlights.

Thanks. I think If I didn't have a lease I would go this route...

Thanks. I think If I didn't have a lease I would go this route...

Mines a lease too, I'm renewing for 2017.

Its an hour to pull the kit out, if that.

I just figured for $180usd it was worth 3 years of driving with better lights.

Plus somebody will buy the kit for their Explorer.

Just ordered a 2016 Platinum but seeing the 17s are just a few months away does anyone have an idea on how the price will change from 16 to 17. If cost was similar I would consider cancelling the current order and getting the 17 in the Spring. Thanks for any info, John

No one does yet, that's holdback info only Ford knows.

Not waiting to see what the redesigned 2018 looks like?

Peter

Not waiting to see what the redesigned 2018 looks like?

Peter

Normally after the 16 refresh they go more than 2 years with a redesign so I'm hedging my bets it's not in 2018. Maybe a 2019 model year in 2018 calendar year is a realistic guess. After the experience I had with my 2011 being bought back under Lemon Law I won't buy a 1st year of redesign EVER again.

I shall continue to harass and/or bully my sources for better intell, waterboarding is possible! LOL!

I should have done that at the beginning of my lease (2 year). Down to 6+ months now - doesn't seem to make sense.

After consultation with various internal sources I'm told there will be NO refresh/redesign in the 2018 MY.....likely 2019 or 2020 even that is not confirmed.

Mark my words now to see later how good my sources are.

Usually a 4 year cycle with Ford so that puts the 2016 update due in 2019, but that's a guess only.

After consultation with various internal sources I'm told there will be NO refresh/redesign in the 2018 MY.....likely 2019 or 2020 even that is not confirmed.

Usually a 4 year cycle with Ford so that puts the 2016 update due in 2019, but that's a guess only.
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated since my lease end sort of falls between the 2017 and 2018 model years.:thumbsup:

Peter

I thought the 2018MY was a bit early and I completely agree.. usually it is an 8 year cycle give or take from all new to all new.

That makes my decision a bit easier when it comes to waiting or not.. not going to wait another 3 years for a new vehicle so might as well start looking at a 2017 this year.

I thought the 2018MY was a bit early and I completely agree.. usually it is an 8 year cycle give or take from all new to all new.

That makes my decision a bit easier when it comes to waiting or not.. not going to wait another 3 years for a new vehicle so might as well start looking at a 2017 this year.

My thoughts exactly!

My thoughts exactly!

Just to add, I reached out to my contact out in Dearborn and he said the same thing today, he had heard 2019MY.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to add, I reached out to my contact out in Dearborn and he said the same thing today, he had heard 2019MY.

Don't think I can extend my current lease for 2 years. :D

Peter

Back