2019 Explorer sport service advanced trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Explorer sport service advanced trac

zstrickland300

Reaction score
City, State
Galesburg, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Hello all, I am new to the forum. I purchased a 2019 explorer sport used in august. Had it in to the dealer this past week for an oil change and rear pads and rotors. While driving in this past Saturday I had a few warning lights come up. The service advance track, pre-collision assist light, and terrain management system light. No issues with drivability. The car sat while eating then started up for the drive home. The wife had paired her new phone earlier before the 70 mile drive on Saturday. After dinner before starting the return trip we unpaired the phone and had no issues. While the wife was driving to work two days later( Monday) the lights returned and lost all forward drive. She was only able to drive in reverse, so she backed up through the neighborhood top the house and parked it. Has any one ran into this problem and how was is fixed?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Before I got to read the last part, I was thinking it may possibly be related to a bad wheel speed sensor but I don't see how that would cause the loss of forward driving. The phone should not have anything to do with this in my opinion. After the forward dive was lost, do you know if she tried turning the vehicle OFF and restarting it? That will sometimes clear some issues temporarily. Were you able to check and see if there were any trouble codes set?

Peter

Back