2019 xlt crank, but no start | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 xlt crank, but no start

We've just started experiencing this issue with our 2019 XLT. We bought used last fall, so I'm curious if we have any powertrain warranty available to us. Anyhow, the issues you all were seeing are exactly what is going on with our vehicle. I'm going to start off by getting it into a reputable dealer I like close by to see if they can get it covered with power train warranty. If so, I'll obviously get this completed by the dealer. If not, I'll ask my mechanic friend to help me out. Until then, I guess the gas tank needs to be full at all times. At least that's what I'm taking away from this thread until the fuel pump gets replaced. Thank you all for digging into this the last couple years!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We've just started experiencing this issue with our 2019 XLT. We bought used last fall, so I'm curious if we have any powertrain warranty available to us. Anyhow, the issues you all were seeing are exactly what is going on with our vehicle. I'm going to start off by getting it into a reputable dealer I like close by to see if they can get it covered with power train warranty. If so, I'll obviously get this completed by the dealer. If not, I'll ask my mechanic friend to help me out. Until then, I guess the gas tank needs to be full at all times. At least that's what I'm taking away from this thread until the fuel pump gets replaced. Thank you all for digging into this the last couple years!
The Powertrain Warranty is 5 years, 60K miles. I don't believe a vehicle not starting is related to that warranty. I haven't read through all the posts in this thread but I don't know why you'd have to keep a full tank unless you have a fuel pump issue. The pump sits on top of the tank but shouldn't need a full tank to operate. Please keep us updated. Thanks.

Peter

The Powertrain Warranty is 5 years, 60K miles. I don't believe a vehicle not starting is related to that warranty. I haven't read through all the posts in this thread but I don't know why you'd have to keep a full tank unless you have a fuel pump issue. The pump sits on top of the tank but shouldn't need a full tank to operate. Please keep us updated. Thanks.

Peter
I think I'm going to take it into my dealer with information from this thread. Our issue is nearly identical to what has been discussed here, so hopefully we'll be able to get it figured out between a dealer inspection and our local mechanic/friend (works at a hyundai dealer and been at a Ford dealer prior). I think we'll be in good hands, but it's intermittent, so hard to duplicate.

UPDATE: Had our family friend mechanic stop by and from what we were telling him from the incidents, he's leaning fuel pump or something related. Said he'll get it in the shop after the holidays (if nothing gets worse) and check it out a little deeper. He said from what we were telling him it didn't sound starter or battery related. We'll see. I'll be back after he has it. Since we've started keeping the tank topped off we haven't experienced the issue. It's been intermittent and only happened a handful of times from cold start, so we'll see how this proceeds.

Peter
I was looking at a prior post from another user. Stated that it was potentially covered under warranty. We're just outside of the 60,000 mile, so I'm not even going the dealer route at this point. I'll use our family friend mechanic before playing roulette at the dealership. LOL. He loves my wife, they go way back to high school days. Long story short, she used to tip him very well when he had little kids 20 years ago for work he did on her vehicles. Now she has the little kids and he is doing maintenance on our vehicles for a fraction of the going rates. I still give him cash by hiding it in his house when we visit. Then when we leave, we text him where to find it and why we left it. He's a great guy and should be compensated for his skills. It isn't going rate, but we value his skills and time.

Back